Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    It can't be true. I took a new Talkmobile contract out through an independent dealer (NOT CPW) in February and later found my external credit files showing CPW opened an account at that time. I managed with some difficulty to speak with CPW and they couldn't find anything. I then realised it must be the new contract.
  • Maureen43
    Maureen43 Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello All

My current 24 month contract with EE comes to an end in July.

I want to keep my handset and have a rolling monthly deal, preferably with EE as they have good coverage in my area.

I'm looking for 2gb data, unlimited texts, unlimited calls / 1000 minutes calls.

Can anyone here suggest something for me?

Thanks
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Maureen43 wrote: »
    Hello All

I want to keep my handset and have a rolling monthly deal, preferably with EE as they have good coverage in my area.

I'm looking for 2gb data, unlimited texts, unlimited calls / 1000 minutes calls.

Thanks

EE offer exactly what you want as a sim only plan.

http://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only/pay-monthly-phones

Ring 150 in your last month and ask to be transferred to sim only, alternatively you could call their bluff and ring up for your PAC when you have 30 days to go and you might be offered a discounted sim only plan.
    ====
  • davidsuffolk
    davidsuffolk Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Maureen43 wrote: »
    Hello All

Thanks

I had a 2 year plan that ends 30th June. Firstly you can switch to sim only 45 days before the end of your contract. A pop up "you can upgrade" opened a chat and initially the CS rep just offered standard plans. However when I was put through to retentions and without any "I shall leave threats" I was offered exactly what you ask for. 2GB, 4G double speed with unlimited calls & texts though on a 12 month contract for £7.99 a month. I accept you said monthly contract but personally I wouldn't argue at this price?

AND, because it was changed immediately I saved the last month's full contract price too!

Really pleased as I too am pretty much tied into EE as my signal here is poor (I have a signal box at home).
  • leonardo
    leonardo Posts: 72 Forumite
    Took out a BT sim only contract in November 2015.

20GB + unl/unl.

Received a letter today:

"We're making a couple of changes to BT mobile. On 3 July 2016 we're changing a few of our terms and conditions... You can read a summary of the key changes ... bt.com/legalstuff. If you don't want BT Mobie anymore, you'll need to give us 30 days notice...Libby Barr"

Anybody else received this?

Anybody know what the changes are about - and what they'll affect?
  • TartanSaver
    TartanSaver Posts: 198 Forumite
    I also got that letter. I read the details of changes and couldn't find anything particularly significant. If you're on SIM only, you can use it as an excuse to leave, but only if you act fast. If you're not SIM only, they'll charge you for the handset if you try to do this.
  • kenbury
    kenbury Posts: 60 Forumite
    I just found this out when phoning to ask for my PAC as have moved from a contract with EE direct and now have a contract with Carphone Warehouse on the EE network.

I was completely surprised as just assumed that it would be a straightforward transaction. I now have to get a different network SIM and get my old numbered transferred to that one and then do it again!!! What a palaver. Wishes Carphone Warehouse had told me about this in the first place.
  • KingS6
    KingS6 Posts: 400 Forumite
    Talk Mobile have a 30 day contract deal which comprises of 15gb data, 2500 minutes and 5000 texts for £15. Quite better than many of the best 12 month sim only deals going at the moment.

Has anybody here had experience with this network? I believe it's a Vodafone MVNO but how about ownership, billing and most importantly customer service?
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I also got that letter. I read the details of changes and couldn't find anything particularly significant. If you're on SIM only, you can use it as an excuse to leave, but only if you act fast. If you're not SIM only, they'll charge you for the handset if you try to do this.

If you have a handset plan rather than a sim only plan, and leave before 6 months you have to give back the handset.
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 July 2016 at 11:32PM
    My two year contract with Vodafone has just expired and I'm on a sim only deal at the moment and I'm starting to look at what other operators have to offer.

Number one on my list would be BT if only because I have my landline and broadband with them. If I were to offer them my mobile what sort of a deal, if any, might I expect. What's their coverage/service like?

I'm quite happy with sim only but if I got a really good deal I'd have no difficulty going for 12 month contract. I suppose I should ask are there any good sim only deals out there at the moment?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure