Twitter Bots

I am getting about 7 or 8 a day retweeting tweets of mine each day at the moment, I am reporting and blocking them but it doesn't seem to have any effect

Anyone else getting a load at the moment or am I just the lucky one! :rotfl:
July 2015 Wins- Shaun The Sheep Goody Bag, 4x Books

Year to date: £786

Total to date ( Since 2008 ) = £37,345 :eek:

Comments

• chloeadkins
    chloeadkins Posts: 10,346 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    Me too - lots of retweets & follows! Very annoying as I'm getting numerous notifications and I think I've won something at first haha! :)
    11 wins in August 2019 :j Thanks everyone x

Anorexia Fighter & Proud NHS Worker!:)
  • I think loads of compers and bloggers are getting them, I have tried unlisting myself from all apps and lists on twitter, plus changing it to where if they haven't verified a phone number they can't follow and various other things, but to no avail. I have no idea where this influx of scantily clad scammers have come from.
    Though a lot seem to have been made in 2011, 2012...makes me think they have hacked old unused accounts?? x
    Ipad 3, Holiday to Barcelona, Holiday to St. Ives, Holiday for 6 to Newquay, Lumix Camera, £1000, 42" LG T.V...I love to Comp! :T Wishing Everyone Here Massively Good Luck! :beer:
  • sammi86
    sammi86 Posts: 532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Yeah i think they've managed to hack old accounts. God, its annoying! They're liking and retweeting really old random stuff too. God only knows what they've searched to find a tweet from 2016 about really wanting a fish slice.
  • priorslee
    priorslee Posts: 3,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Yes, same here - getting some every day.
    Almost all are old, dormant accounts.
    Reporting & blocking when I get the time, but not convinced it's making much difference.
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I'm getting tons of !!!!!! bots........all with see me here under first pic/pinned post.

I'm hardly comping and they like/tweet whatever I do, I'm blocking 20+ a day but still more appear!

x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    toniq wrote: »
    I'm getting tons of !!!!!! bots........all with see me here under first pic/pinned post.

I'm hardly comping and they like/tweet whatever I do, I'm blocking 20+ a day but still more appear!

x

I wondered why I had been getting notifications for the last 3 or 4 weeks - Just had a closer look and the same goes for the ones I have been getting - they retweet comments I make on Martins twitter feed and the (usually) 1 or 2 competitions I enter a week
  • avery64
    avery64 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I've been getting 2 or 3 a day of the ' see me here under first pic/pinned post' Blocking and reporting. Twitter has taken down all I've reported but suspect there are thousands out there.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,887 Forumite
    Just glanced at my notifications as I haven't had any for a few days and all the "suspect" ones have gone (I hadn't reported any)
  • Yarrum84
    Yarrum84 Posts: 11 Forumite
    What are bots? I don't understand all of this
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,444 Forumite
    Yarrum84 wrote: »
    What are bots? I don't understand all of this

Twitter bot. A Twitter bot is a type of bot software that controls a Twitter account via the Twitter API. The bot software may autonomously perform actions such as tweeting, re-tweeting, liking, following, unfollowing, or direct messaging other accounts.

It is annoying when they are targeting comping accounts. It is downright scary when they are being using to misinform for political reasons.
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport