Trying a quick car sale

2»

Comments

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Proof read your add. Minor points but would put me off.
    Quick sale cause moving, Honda Accord in excellent condition,Vey low mileage Full service history, Long Mot , Last serviced June 2018, Leather seat , heated seat , Front and rear sensors , Real camera, Bluetooth, CD changer , Sat Nav , Cruise control ,... Well looked after and cared for Silver, 3 owners, £5,230

Quick sale due to moving. Silver Honda Accord in excellent condition. Very low mileage. Full service history. Long MOT. Last serviced June 2018. Leather seats. Heated seats. Front and rear parking sensors. Rear camera. Bluetooth. CD changer. Sat Nav. Cruise control. Well looked after and cared for. 3 owners, £5,230

That's just for a start.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    Now if I were looking that would not having me thinking next please..

But I would not mention SILVER. Pictures show the colour unless your listing an exact paint colour thats rare and in demand.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    Now if I were looking that would not having me thinking next please..

But I would not mention SILVER. Pictures show the colour unless your listing an exact paint colour thats rare and in demand.

True, but I didn't want to alter the content of the text. Can't do all the work for him ;)
  • forgotmyname
    edited 23 October 2018 at 3:35AM
    Thats why i didnt reword it. It may have gone something like desperate for money need quick sale..

Or.. Cars about to go bang so need a quick sale...

Or.. Mechanic mate said some big bills looming and to get shut quickly.

How do you read an advert that states quick sale??? Are you cynical or thinking wait a bit and offer then a LOT less?

Had a dealer do the haggling for me once. He knocked money off without me asking and when i asked if it was taxed he said i will chuck that in for free.
    Im thinking WHAT.... Go and have a play with the car again and smoke starts coming out of the exhaust.. Engine burning oil.

Talked himself into me inspecting the car far more than i had initially. I may have paid and drove home before the smoke started.

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    How do you read an advert that states quick sale??? Are you cynical or thinking wait a bit and offer then a LOT less?

Everyone wants a quick sale - only way to get one of them is to make sure its the cheapest in a 100 mile radius and not one of pages of the same car....or visit webuyanycar - not sure why they havent done that anyway.

To be fair if you filter it all the way down to his car its probably one of the cheapest but folk looking to buy an Accord will only filter age and mileage maybe fuel type.
  • forgotmyname
    For me its

Make / Model / Body / Fuel / Age / Distance which will alter depending on the results in the closest options. And list results by cheapest first.

If nothing suitable pops up then increase the distance.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure