Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• I have a complaint with the Directors Complaints Department at the moment and trying to decide whether I should take it to the Ombudsman.

I contacted Vodafone in July via live chat for my PAC code, as I had taken out a new sim only deal with O2 and planned to upgrade my handset with them once the new iPhones were released.

The retentions team on live chat offered me a great sim only deal, but I said I was still looking to leave as I wanted to go to o2 and upgrade my handset a few months down the line. They then offered me the option to upgrade my handset at any time and get a 30% discount. I was hesitant and multiple time’s asked for clarification that I could get the new iPhone and was “100% promised” that this would happen.

So, I signed back up and cancelled o2 on the back of this and thankfully saved the live chat.

Fast forward to this morning, I contacted Vodafone on live chat to pre-order the XR with my promised discount, only to be told that they would not offer any discount on new iPhones. I mentioned that the whole reason I committed to Vodafone was that I was promised this, but they still refused.
    I called Customer Relations and spoke to a manager, who still would not budge, despite agreeing with me that he could see I was promised this.
    All they would offer was a £25 goodwill credit or the opportunity to be released from my contract without charge.

This afternoon I contacted the Directors Complaints Department, as I don’t think I am being unreasonable in asking to get what I was promised. They too have refused to budge on this, with the only uplift being an increase in the goodwill payment to £50.

I asked what would happen if I wasn’t happy with what was proposed and they said a deadlock letter would be issued, the offers withdrawn and the opportunity for me to take it to the Ombudsman.

I said I would like the weekend to decide, so I’m after some advice. Should I take it further?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I can't see that the ADR (Ombudsman) can overturn this. The offer of a discount on the iPhone was foolish, if only because the phones hadn't been announced, let alone the pricing. I'm not aware of any network that will give such discounts on a highly sought after product this early in its life.

The £50 GOGW is an admission of error on their part and is generous IMO I'd accept it while it's on the table, some networks withdraw offers if they need to start preparing a case for the ADR and indeed Vf have indicated this. I've seen customers come away with nothing.
  • Thanks for replying, they did say that the offer would stay on the table over the weekend while I thought about it, as I didn’t want to make a decision in anger.
    It was very foolish of the rep to offer the discount in the first place, I totally agree with that, that’s I queried him on multiple occasions throughout the chat.
    I said to them that I felt taken advantage of, as this rep blatantly used lies to get me to sign up. That’s another reason I asked them for the weekend to consider my options (which I admit, they didn’t have to do and I appreciate that)
  • pmduk
    Remember too, the ADR is not really there to assist a consumer when a company is being unfair, only when the terms of a contract are not being kept to. You may think that a verbal contract is binding, but one based upon a mistake, which I, and Vodafone, believe this to be is unlikely to be found in our favour.

I'm sorry.
  • Hi pmduk, no need to apologise. Your advice is useful. I definitely think the advisor missold and misled me, however, I totally get what you are saying and as a result will take one of their offers.
    Thanks
  • JIR
    JIR Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Over the last few months the network signal on the Westcoast mainline between London and Coventry has been virtually unusable and seems to have completely degraded. Is there a reason for this? Are there plans to fix it? I rely on internet on my commute for flexible working purposes so it's having a big impact!
  • pmduk
    JIR Vodafone only intermittently check this forum to update complaints already made to them. Have you already contacted them or used their forums to ask your question?
  • Vodafone are idiots. upgraded my phone at the beginning of October. as a retainer to stay with them they offered me a ps4 game, a 12 months ps4 subscription. free spotify. redeemed the game. spotify carries on as normal. the ps4 subscription? the link didn't work, sony knew nothing about the offer either. I had it in black and white that this was part of my offer. chased it up the other week. ended up on the phone for nearly 3 hours. spoke to 3 people. "we can only offer you the spiderman game" they say. not what my contract says. one offers me £30 off my bill with no subscription. another offers me £40 off with no subscription. the third offers me £30 again with no subscription. "it's all I can reduce" he cries. the woman that offered me £40 also had the nerve to say that your time wasted and inconvenience in trying to get this subscription isn't our problem or our concern. they wouldn't admit they were in breach of contract and that I wasn't going to pay for something that you can't provide. I've still not payed my bill.

The minute Vodafone UK became Vodafone India is the day they went down the pan.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    And now you'll have also wrecked your external credit files for the next 6 years...
  • t8769
    t8769 Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Has anyone used wifi calling abroad, to call the UK free?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport