Looking for star shaped sweets

Hi, I want to make little Christmas trees out of rainbow belts and put a star at the top of the tree, I made these years ago and found vegetarian Haribo (oddly greasy!) came in star shapes and was only £1 a pack but looking through the online super markets now I can’t see any star sweets. Amazon brings up really expensive ones or ones made from chocolate and I don’t want ones that can melt. Has anyone seen cheap star shaped sweets around?
Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk

Comments

• StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    The star haribo are available on Groupon but are £7.99 (incl postage) for a 1.5kg box or if you don't want to bulk buy try yousweetie (.co.uk) - they have 8 at a time for
    60p (no idea what the pricing for delivery would be)
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Thank you. I think the Haribo jellyfish are going to be too big. I found what I used last time, they were in Haribo Funny mix but it’s out of stock everywhere except eBay which makes me wonder how old they are! I can’t believe how hard it is to find little star shaped jellies
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,034 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    How about buying a silicone star shaped sugarpaste/chocolate mould and then making your own sweets? You could either make actual jelly from a pack (but I'd add less water, to make them more solid) or maybe melt down boiled sweets.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 19 October 2018 at 8:43AM
    Have you tried looking in the pick and mix selections at stores, they might have something suitable. I know they do round flat disc shapes which you could cut into stars.

Do you have a link to making the tress please?, I normally make candy sleighs but I think people are getting a bit fed up with them :rotfl:
  • I’m happy to share,I think I came up with them myself (sorry if I did copy) but photo bucket won’t let me share. I can email the picture if you would like?
  • ShaneUK
    ShaneUK Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Where in the country are you? There is a Haribo factory and factory shop in Pontefract - well worth a visit!

I am going there (hopefully!) one day next week, so can look and see if they have what you are after if it helps?
  • I used to love the Magic Star chocolates - not sure if they still make them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure