Interactive Investor to roll out ‘Netflix pricing’

Options

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    iWeb may be cheaper for yourself. For me, there is very little difference. I gained a decent reduction in fees moving from CSD, but a lot of this will be gone with ii's price increase.

My charges with CSD would be £385. Moved to ii and got them down to £260. Now they are going up to £320. The benefit of the fixed fee is that as I increase my holding £, the actual % cost will reduce.

Moving to iWeb I could get fees down to £250. But I can see myself transferring, then a month later iWeb announcing price increases.
  • inflationbuster
    Options
    These are crazy prices at least l get some entertainment on Netflix II doesn't do much more than iWeb for me. Unfortunately no choice to stick around as fully invested at the moment but the new pricing sucks.
  • TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,452 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It’s a little off that the punter with II finds out first via forums and other media. Bit like the wife is last to know. Surely the client should be first to know?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TBC15 wrote: »
    It’s a little off that the punter with II finds out first via forums and other media. Bit like the wife is last to know. Surely the client should be first to know?
    I found out here first that TSB was cutting its rate, and Tesco for that matter, and a myriad of other accounts being changed or pulled are usually discussed here before notifications are published or communicated to customers.
  • triplea35
    triplea35 Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any idea what will happen to Trading Credits remaining on the current pricing structure when the new fees come into place in June?
  • shinytop
    shinytop Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    astreix wrote: »
    Is any other platform cheaper than Interactive Investor for someone with a large portfolio (UK and international stocks, funds, investment trust, VCT). I'm a buy and hold investor so tend to trade infrequently and usually only to invest yearly ISA / SIPP contribution.
    I don't know but I did a lot of research and chose II. It wasn't the cheapest but looked good value for my needs and did what I wanted it to do. I don't think the recent price changes have changed that.
  • jamei305
    jamei305 Posts: 635 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 April 2019 at 10:36AM
    Options
    I am intending to open an II account soon and this won't change that. I already have one with iWeb and am looking for some platform diversification, and II still comes out cheapest after iWeb.

I suppose one good thing about them increasing fees is it's now a known quantity and that they hopefully won't announce a much bigger increase any time soon having already decided on their new pricing structure. Cheap providers that haven't changed their fees in a long time are more likely to announce an increase that would make the uncompetitive for some people.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jamei305 wrote: »
    I
    I suppose one good thing about them increasing fees is it's now a known quantity and that they hopefully won't announce a much bigger increase any time soon having already decided on their new pricing structure.

Maybe, but there have been a number of 'sneak' increases since they took over TD. For instance, the cost of a trade in Europe (or anywhere other than UK and USA) doubled recently; trading costs apply to Mutual Funds/Unit Trusts as well as shares and ETFs (which really hits me since I still hold a number of Luxemburg-based Funds); the fee for currency exchange went from 1 per cent to 1.5 per cent. These were not announced but basically just happened.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    triplea35 wrote: »
    Any idea what will happen to Trading Credits remaining on the current pricing structure when the new fees come into place in June?
    What will happen to my existing free credit that I haven’t used yet?

Your existing free credit will stay on your Plan until 31 December 2019. If it is not used, after this date it will expire. You can see your unused credits at any time online (on your account overview page, and you can click ‘Credits overview’ for a more detailed breakdown).
    https://www.ii.co.uk/service-plans/investor/faqs#18
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Got my notification of the price increase from 1 June today. Are they going to take a £15 payment in early June to cover April/May (i.e. two months of existing £22.50 per quarter rate) and then the first £9.99 per month fee (if you are on the core plan) will be collected in early July (to cover June) and so on?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure