Interactive Investor to roll out ‘Netflix pricing’

Comments

• cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It will be the Vanguard LS 60 where I'd put the bulk of the money & considering holding onto my current holding of Schroder European Smaller & Baillie Gifford Japanese smaller, current worth £14k for the 1st & £6k for the 2nd & possibly get a Uk smaller Companies fund in addition, which I hope will be a decent balance.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just started the transfer process.

From a tenner a month with ii to zero with HL (where i already hold some shares)
  • londoninvestor
    londoninvestor Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Alexland wrote: »
    There is always the possibility of iWeb / HSD increasing their prices next - hope not!

I do fear the day that iWeb, Halifax and Lloyds consolidate to a single price plan - which probably makes all their customers a bit worse off, since they've opted for whichever one of the three is most favourable to them now.
  • londoninvestor
    londoninvestor Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Lokolo wrote: »
    Same with me. It seems London got a good deal!

I can't claim any skill or acumen was involved in it!!
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Just started the transfer process.

From a tenner a month with ii to zero with HL (where i already hold some shares)

Just started to transfer to IWEB.....just don't do enough churning to get any kind of value out of the proposed £120/year.
  • colb15
    colb15 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    mollycat wrote: »
    Just started to transfer to IWEB.....just don't do enough churning to get any kind of value out of the proposed £120/year.

Annoyingly I'm already with IWEB so will need to look for another provider who have a similar charging structure. So frustrating as I only moved to II towards the end of last year.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I do fear the day that iWeb, Halifax and Lloyds consolidate to a single price plan - which probably makes all their customers a bit worse off, since they've opted for whichever one of the three is most favourable to them now.

Only if they were careful enough to determine which would be the most suitable trade plan before they opened the account. Lots of people are probably using accounts that completely mismatch their trade activity pattern.

I only care about the £180 SIPP account fee as mine has reached a few hundred thousand so I am not adding any more and leaving it untouched in a single fund until I access in the very distant future. My current challenge is building up an equivalent sized £45 Fidelity ETF SIPP which under current pricing would be first to drawdown. The HSD one might even be used to buy an annuity when I am very old and crusty.

Alex
  • Alexland wrote: »
    Only if they were careful enough to determine which would be the most suitable trade plan before they opened the account. Lots of people are probably using accounts that completely mismatch their trade activity pattern.

Other people are less obsessive and optimising than us? Nah, can't see it ;)
  • tfc
    tfc Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just received my notification today. Like most people they have assigned me to the 'Investor Service Plan'.

The 'lower' trade fees are highlighted to divert our attention from the fact that no longer is all of the monthly fee refunded, even if you do 3 trades in a quarter.

The fiddling about going to monthly fees and monthly 'free'/rebates means that it doesn't give so much leeway in using the 'free trade', because you can't build up a few. Under the old scheme, the rebates did not expire, but your 'hoard' of rebates was capped at £90. They could have used the same approach and capped at £71.91.

I wish they had been more honest and just upped the quarterly fee from £22.50 to £30.00, and left the rebate arrangements the same.

The bottom line though, is that ii have increased their fees on the 'Investor Service Plan' by 33.2%.
  • astreix
    astreix Posts: 237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Is any other platform cheaper than Interactive Investor for someone with a large portfolio (UK and international stocks, funds, investment trust, VCT). I'm a buy and hold investor so tend to trade infrequently and usually only to invest yearly ISA / SIPP contribution.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure