IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

The Driver was observed leaving site whilst the vehicle remained parked on the premises

Options
124»

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 April 2019 at 5:43PM
    Options
    Of course.

You want everyone to know that the store wants this charge cancelled.

Who is the company that the retailer has put in place?

Why are TPS involved if they have no contract with the retailer?
  • mumwantsjustice
    Options
    The retailer is Farmfood and it's a shared retail park. So the landowner are the ones who put TPS in place. That's just my guess!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The retailer is Farmfood and it's a shared retail park. So the landowner are the ones who put TPS in place. That's just my guess!

Find out who they are then, and press them. They need to know that one of their clients (FarmFoods) wants this charge cancelled.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

As with all retail park cases, then, your next level for complaint is obvious!

If Farmfoods emailed this reply, forward it to the retail park management to prove that one of their unit retailers, Farmfoods are keen to get the PCN cancelled.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mumwantsjustice
    Options
    Case closed! It's been cancelled. Cheers guys. Complaining to the retailer, MP & trading standards had a powerful impact.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Case closed! It's been cancelled. Cheers guys. Complaining to the retailer, MP & trading standards had a powerful impact.

Well done - these leaving the site cases are very difficult for a PPC to pursue.

What did TS say? If they are showing any signs of ‘interest’, I’d pursue it more assertively with them and put TPS under similar duress to that they’ve put you under.

Don’t wipe your brow and be grateful it’s over - there’s a much bigger battle to fight against these sharks.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• mumwantsjustice
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Well done - these leaving the site cases are very difficult for a PPC to pursue.

What did TS say? If they are showing any signs of ‘interest’, I’d pursue it more assertively with them and put TPS under similar duress to that they’ve put you under.

Don’t wipe your brow and be grateful it’s over - there’s a much bigger battle to fight against these sharks.
    TS has shown no 'interest'. I've kept my local MP updated and the MP is happy to help if needed.

I'd love to take this further we need to stand together to fight these PPC. Something must be done to stop them.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    TS has shown no 'interest'.
    No doubt too busy chasing dodgy CDs, or Calvin Klein fake belts at a couple of quid a throw!

Modern day Britain I’m afraid!

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TS has shown no 'interest'. I've kept my local MP updated and the MP is happy to help if needed.

I'd love to take this further we need to stand together to fight these PPC. Something must be done to stop them.

TPS won't show interest, these scammers just move on to the next victim ...... only for the moment ?

The new government code of practice, available soon, will destroy these scammers. On this forum, there is a bucket list and guess what ....... TPS is on the bucket list ...... they need to go
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »

beamerguy wrote: »
    TPS won't show interest, these scammers just move on to the next victim ...... only for the moment ?

The new government code of practice, available soon, will destroy these scammers. On this forum, there is a bucket list and guess what ....... TPS is on the bucket list ...... they need to go

TS = Trading Standards! :doh:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport