PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old style Preparations for Christmas 2011!!

Comments

• Well after reading the vegetarian alternative christmas dinner thread the first item on my 'preparing for christmas' list (yes there will be a list, I have lists for everything:D) will be trialling some the suggestions for veggie alternatives from that list and also attempting to create some vague recipe ideas I have floating, part-formed in my head. Bound to be a disaster! I might even make it a bi-weekly event, a trial meal every other Sunday from now until the 25th Dec!
  • Only Christmas prep we've done so far is putting savings stamps into the book for Mr M's... which at £3 free for every £97 saved is a 3.1% return on investment... as I explained to an amused DH, better than most banks are offering at the moment! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Good thinking Batman!

Second item on the list- but for Mr A's instead!
  • jayward wrote: »
    Hi, i have been busy this week making things for Xmas ,as i have the feeling we have nothing much different at Xmas so i have made,
    raspberry , blackberry , Werther's , mars bar , vodka.
    blueberry gin, only small amounts:beer:
    raspberry vinegar and blackberry vinegar
    made fruit sauce x 2 bottled
    and pickled pears
    so i hope they will turn out well.
    I'm on the look out for things we have not had before:D

They all sound wonderful-especially the mars bar vodka:beer: You have reminded me that I bottled some plums in syrup and some plums in brandy ready for Christmas last month. So I shall make this number three on the list.........and tick it!:rotfl:
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 September 2011 at 2:07PM
    I can't really bear to think about the C word yet, but am buzzing about the veggie recipes on this thread.Me and OH are cooking for ourselves this year, and pleasing ourselves thank God, so I will be perusing the veggie bit with interest:D:D:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Yay christmas!

Does anyone have a cheap chutney recipie? I have looked at a few, but they are workin out to be about £3 for 500ml, plus £1 for a kilner jar, can it be done cheaper?

If I make mulled wine, can I keep it in a bottle and if so for how long?

Thanks.

I'm making christmas cake and pudding next Saturday with my granny :) Then I'll be doing shortbread closer to Christmas. Considering truffles too...
  • just took a peek at bthat website ButerflyBrain looks fab thanks :)
  • oooh i looove christmas, will be following this thread carefully :)
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Just logged on quickly in work - glad to see you're all in the festive spirit ! wooo hoo!!!!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• :xmassmile yay loving this have been following winter prep thread and now have this one too :j
    nothing thats meant for you passes you by ..;)
  • poppett
    poppett Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Can someone point me in the direction of how to make mars bar vodka please????
    £2 savers club. No.90. Aim £500.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport