PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old style Preparations for Christmas 2011!!

Comments

• beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Thanks for the thread Zippy! I am totally not organised when it comes to Christmas - for years my preparations started the evening term ended in December! However, I shall really try to get on with things this year. Think I still have a load of cards and gift tags from last year, but no wrapping paper yet. As to presents....off to put on thinking cap!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • Im thinking of making my own Christmas Cake this year but I dont have any brandy but I have got gallons of Damson gin.......could I use that instead?
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #982
    In 2012 I pledge to:- Save £1 a day, meal plan, be more organised, have NSDs, set myself a budget AND STICK TO IT, throw all loose change into Sealed Pot and not open it till 29th November.:money:
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Here we go again! Thanks Zippy :)
    Has anyone mentioed that Poundland have some Christmas things in since yesterday? (They're online if you want to take a look)
    Love Christmas:j
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • Molly41 wrote: »
    I didnt get anything in the sales last year as I was just out of hospital and on bed rest so really need to be super organised this year. I will be going to C0stc0 to suss out the wrapping paper and other bits but will not be doing card except to my family :T

I bought my cards there last year, think it cost me about £10 for 30, but they were all handmade and no two even remotely alike, plus they came in a beautiful box which I used as a hamper for my brother. Got so many compliments about the cards, that the initial sharp intake at cost was completely forgotten.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • What a lovely thread, this will be my first 'real' MSE 'old style' Christmas and I can hardly wait!

Zippychick, I can't make the veggie Christmas dinner thread work:(

Also, how do I subscribe to this thread? I can't see what I am supposed to do- although I am sure it is obvious!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In the green bar just above the first post (towards the right hand side is)... "Thread Tools".

Click on that, and one of the options in the drop down menu is "Subscribe to this thread".

I think that thread got merged with this one... Vegetarian Christmas alternative?

I'll update the first post.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Thanks Squeaky:)
  • HS_santa_dancing.gif

These are the best ever! Love em :T
  • jayward
    jayward Posts: 541
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, i have been busy this week making things for Xmas ,as i have the feeling we have nothing much different at Xmas so i have made,
    raspberry , blackberry , Werther's , mars bar , vodka.
    blueberry gin, only small amounts:beer:
    raspberry vinegar and blackberry vinegar
    made fruit sauce x 2 bottled
    and pickled pears
    so i hope they will turn out well.
    I'm on the look out for things we have not had before:D
  • sooo exciting

I made some crab apple chutney from my foraging. Will dress up the jars and put them in with Christmas Presents!

Thats as far as I have got though
    Trying to shift that debt!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family