E7even - service. (merged threads)

Comments

• paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I just checked the e7 website - no updates there for 4 weeks !
    New and existing customers can only buy 1 month contracts now.

I guess that the Tiscali rumours could be true !
    Not sure Mike, but I sure you remember the rumour that was started on ADSLGuide in January was uncannily similar.

The 12 and 24 month contracts disappeared at the beginning of this week, so something's going on. I did have a response to a general enquiry a week ago, so there must have been someone there then! ;)
  • pjala
    pjala Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Martin, I posted the original e7 referral thread andf I know that many signed up to e7even because of my recommendation. Up to the end of last year e7 had provided an incredible service (I have been with them for 20 months now) and they were absolutely the best telecoms company I had ever dealt with - faultless in every respect - speed, support, price etc.

Then it all went wrong - it seems that due to their growth they were unable to provision services fast enough to support some of their customers in certain areas. They signed a contract with NetServices plc and transferred most customers to that service. Unfortunately it didn't work. So many people had problems that e7 support could not cope and as a result this dragged on for weeks, and whilst they are gradually getting things back to normal, they still are under resourced to cope with the number of people complaining.

I think that they have unsuprisingly lost all support from their customers and expect that their name is now so bad that they will go under soon.

The danger with referrals and recommendations is that you also share some of the responsibility for the problems that occur later.

A lot of people originally criticised the model that e7even held to as being both unprofitable and unsustainable and were heavily critised for saying so. That coupled with the 12 and 24 month prepay system, and generous referral packages, meant maybe that from now on lessons ought to be learnt - sometimes cheapest does mean worst.

I think one lesson is, go with referrals by all means, but go with people or organisations you trust - not ones you know from the internet by bulletin board only. Martin makes an extremely valid point, that sometimes the BB is like a pub and if some geezer comes up wanting to sell something cheap - sometimes you just have to pass.
  • HI

Slightly off the topic but......ive had to reinstall windows on my pc and therefore reinstall the e7 service by putting in the disk- the only problem i have now is that i dont have the access number that you put in when you dial up to the service,.

can anyone let me have it- ? my domain name is @e7broadband.com

thanks
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you're on Broadband, the settings to connect to e7 should be in the modem. Can't help with set-up if you're using USB, but for a network connection between moden and PC:

on IE: Tools, Internet Options
    Go to Connections tab and set Never Dial
    then click the Lan Settings button and tick Automatically Detect Settings.
  • MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    I joined the yahoo group and haven't received any messages yet, is something wrong?
  • slazman
    slazman Posts: 41 Forumite
    Further developments are eagerly awaited ... however, my service has been almost 100% over the last couple of days
  • gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Slazman, I thought everything was back to normal, but on Saturday I was unable to connect ALL DAY!!!!!!!! this morning have managed to connect, but Lord knows for how long.
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
  • Ignition
    Ignition Posts: 16 Forumite
    normanmark wrote:
    Its not sensitive information, as part of the BTW Ofcom team we've been informing customers of this very situation thanks.

I don't mean to seem rude but since when have BT Wholesale / Openreach ever dealt with residential or business users, your customers are, after all, the ISPs who buy your services and not the customers who buy services from the ISPs.

Infact I'd have to say that if you were informing residential customers that their ISP has gone bankrupt you'd be in some trouble as it really is none of your business as E7 aren't your customer anymore, nor is it BT's place to give E7s customers any news at all let alone commenting on the state of their business whether they are a customer or not.

I can see why you'd think E7 have gone out of business. They've stopped buying services directly from BT and have transferred their customers onto resold packages from Tiscali / Netservices. They've almost certainly done this because they couldn't afford the upfront payments that BT require for BT Centrals, selling products below cost does that. However they would be legally obliged to inform customers and Companies House if they were unable to continue trading.

I'm fairly sure that E7 are still trading. If they aren't then another member of the Kevin Wall / Charlotte Mitchell household might be up in court for fraud. Continuing to trade while knowingly an unviable entity is illegal, transferring ownership of a company without informing the relevant authorities is illegal.

Going by their increased outsourcing of first connectivity and then billing one has to consider them getting towards rigor mortis but still ticking along and by the looks of it preparing to go to sleep in as smooth a fashion as possible for their customers, which does deserve some credit considering the 'family history'.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Can I just remind all users that the title of the thread is E7even - service and lets not get into the legalites of what appear to be unsubstantiated rumours.

icon7.gif
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Can I just remind all users that the title of the thread is E7even - service and lets not get into the legalites of what appear to be unsubstantiated rumours.

icon7.gif
    However, as someone has stated what most people would accept to be the case, namely that someone claiming to be from BT Wholesale does not speak to retail customers, and should be contractually obliged not to disclose commercially privileged or sensitive information and so on, it is fair to point out that this person's claim to be committing professional misconduct in order to do people a favour might be treated with scepticism.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure