E7even - service. (merged threads)

Comments

• Was their anything in particular you wanted to see. The apology was reposted in another thread and the status page hasn't changed either so I'm afraid there's nothing newsworthy on their site except the fact that they haven't bothered to update it with more recent information. I'll happily repost anything you want to see but I think you'll be disappointed.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • Hi All

I can completely understand your anger and frustration with e7 at this particular time. We have removed several posts directed at certain members who had promoted e7 and recommended them. Whilst we completely understand your wording, it is important to remember that these members are NOT employed by e7, nor are they accountable for the present problems. The problems are an issue e7 needs to address.

We understand that they were often staunch advocates of the service e7 provided, but it is important to remember that the present issues are nothing directly to do with them, and many people have received excellent service and an excellent product from e7 for many years. Indeed, i suspect that these members themselves are suffering the same downtime and annoyance that you are

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have managed to get back on e7broadband.com by swapping my Linksys modem/router for the Smartcom one from e7even (don't used ebay, so didn't flog it..). The Linksys did work for a day or so after I was switched to e7broadband and I know it's not broken (tried it on somebody else's BB) so pretty sure something's been changed at t'other end.

Posted this on another thread, but may help anyone still having e7broadband problems.

ps - have received an email today offering MAC and refund of unused subs - being sent to anyone with over 3 months left apparently.
  • GOING OFF-TOPIC

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: While it’s easy to wander off-topic that often prevents newbies finding the information they want quickly and easily (please see this rule). Please keep this thread on topic. If you have any questions about this policy please email [email="%20abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/email].
  • New to this chat forum, the amazing number of discussions about e7even is very reassuring; I thought I was the only one without my e7even broadband!! My experiences of trying to contact e7even are the same as everyone else's - can't get thru as help line engaged (I paid £25 for 12 months free helpline and that is also always busy). Tried all the other numbers and have now given up. Signed up with Clara (my former ISP) for one month dial-up service whilst e7even sorts out the problems. So far, I am staying with e7even and think they will resolve the problems. However, I am a blonde and therefore probably not in the least qualified to make intelligent statements about anything technical. . . . . . .I just FEEL that the nice guys at e7even will sort it all out. I paid £240 for two years - and didn't use my credit card - OH NO !! I did think at the time that I was taking a risk but felt that it was worth it as £10 per month for 1mg(b?) was v good. Just got my fingers and toes crossed now. Sasha.
  • laila
    laila Posts: 177 Forumite
    does anyone know how i should be using the dial up service? i have the free phone number but im not sure if im putting it in the right place. do i need to uninstall and reinstall the e7broadband disc? please help? and also pls advise how and where i am supposed to try the new broadband user names, i think im doing it correctly but just need to be reassured.

Thanks
  • MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    I had real problems too. Luckily I live near them so went round and banged on the door
  • Can somebody please do me (other people two maybe)

Pepople whom's e7 is working please post your ADSL modem/router settings

ATM =
    ENCAPSULATION =
    MRU =
    MTU =
    MSS =
    AUTHENTICATION =

Also is could somebody tell me if the 0800 dial up service is still working?

If so can somebody please send PM me the number ......... i deleted the email by mistake :(

thanks

-Tom
  • I went round and banged on their door when mine was off for a week. The only change I had to make was change the username to username@e7broadband.com
  • hopewer
    hopewer Posts: 14 Forumite
    Can somebody please do me (other people two maybe)

Pepople whom's e7 is working please post your ADSL modem/router settings

ATM =
    ENCAPSULATION =
    MRU =
    MTU =
    MSS =
    AUTHENTICATION =

Also is could somebody tell me if the 0800 dial up service is still working?

If so can somebody please send PM me the number ......... i deleted the email by mistake :(

thanks

-Tom

Tom can't remember the whole score, but I remember my brother made the following changes for it to work:

Started using username@e7broadband instead of e7even
    He also set PPPOA or instead of PPPOE (don't know if he had it set wrong before)

He also had to tell it not to use a static IP address, but to get one from PPPoa and finally I remember he said he was using VMUX.

Can't say for sure these are correct, but I know they worked for him and my Dad, when he did the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure