Vodafone price increase - switched to Talktalk - do I need to return router?

Options
frago
frago Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 12 October 2019 at 10:02PM in Broadband & internet access
Just got an email from Vodafone, it looks like costs are up. I'm a bit confused, as I get 20% discount for fibre broadband until April 2020, so for fibre pay £20 instead of £25 - currently. The email says I will pay £27.5 from October, but that doesn't make sense, as the 20% discount is not applied. Can anyone please clarify how that discount will be applied? Vodafone chat is in a long queue... thanks
What's changing?
Your pay monthly mobile plan: We wanted to let you know that from 13 November, we’ll be increasing the charge for some services that aren’t included in your plan – for example, the cost of calling some international destinations. To see all the changes we are making, please visit our website.

Your home broadband service: We’re also increasing the charge for our broadband packages by £2.50 a month, and you’ll see this change from your next bill in October. That means your new broadband charge will be £27.50 a month.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Most providers usually give you the router and you can do what you want with it. When I was last with TalkTalk the router they sent me never left the box.

With regards to the original email, those notifications usually don't factor in any discounts because they tend to be mass mailed. Your 20% would have most probably still been applied to the bill if you checked your online account, in your cash 20% off £27.50 means your new bill would have been £22.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Options
    Router is usually free after contract expires .
    May be chargable or asked to be returned .
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest was it worth going through all the changing provider stuff to effectively save 38p a month? I have an abject feeling your next post is going to be along the lines of "my voucher/cashback hasn't been applied, TalkTalk have denied all knowledge of ever doing such a scheme, what do I do?"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure