E7even - service. (merged threads)

1798081828385»

Comments

• djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Guy_Wise wrote:
    Yeah np :)

Yep, i do see the point you are making, and as per current regulations, you are quite correct.
    It just means the end user has a bit of a raw deal, thanks to Ofcom :(
    I don't think BT or OFCOM are to blame here. I posted early in this thread expressing my sympathy for e7even users but that sympathy has dissappeared of late.
    It seems to me that as with a;ll purchases, "you get what you pay for" and the e7even customers were expecting a lot for a little money, and when it all goes belly up (and not unexpectedly) they are looking everywhere for help and when that help isn't as quick as they expect, they start looking for someone to blame, and the blame lies with e7even and the decisions made in joining them.
    And the biggest surprise to me is that having been burned once by trying to go cheap, they are not learning from the experience and hunting down the cheapest they can find again.
    This doesn't apply to all e7even customers but a fair number of the ones posting on here. I just hope that in 6 or 12 months time we are not reading of them wanting desperately to get away from TalkTalk or Sky or Orange and find they can't.
    I repeat... "You get what you pay for". And there is no such thing as a free dinner.
    I just hope people who've been caught once will spend a little more time choosing their next provider.
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    I don't think BT or OFCOM are to blame here. I posted early in this thread expressing my sympathy for e7even users but that sympathy has dissappeared of late.
    It seems to me that as with a;ll purchases, "you get what you pay for" and the e7even customers were expecting a lot for a little money, and when it all goes belly up (and not unexpectedly) they are looking everywhere for help and when that help isn't as quick as they expect, they start looking for someone to blame, and the blame lies with e7even and the decisions made in joining them.
    And the biggest surprise to me is that having been burned once by trying to go cheap, they are not learning from the experience and hunting down the cheapest they can find again.
    This doesn't apply to all e7even customers but a fair number of the ones posting on here. I just hope that in 6 or 12 months time we are not reading of them wanting desperately to get away from TalkTalk or Sky or Orange and find they can't.
    I repeat... "You get what you pay for". And there is no such thing as a free dinner.
    I just hope people who've been caught once will spend a little more time choosing their next provider.

can agree with all that, can definitely sympathise but when i see people going with service providers with an awful reputation it makes me wonder!!
  • Guy_Wise
    Guy_Wise Posts: 117 Forumite
    You are missing the point djohn2002uk. You appear to be directing this *tirade* at myself, so i will respond.

When you say you posted early on in the thread expressing sympathy for e7even users, well, i was the first person to reply to this thread. You have clearly not read those posts, or my other earlier ones, so are unaware of my views and warnings to e7 users.
    So please don't lecture me on cheap ISPs!!

Your early posts, rather than displaying sympathy for e7even users, appear to be mildly critical of e7even and Mike Paterson. One of your posts received this response from the mods
    Well, guess whose posts did get edited? ;)

The point i see you missing is simply this. Regardless of how cheap your isp is, there should be regulation in place for when things go wrong. Who is responsible for that? Ofcom!!
    Ofcom were warned about this e7 situation way back in November of last year. They finally opened a file in April, still did nothing, and just waited for things to collapse, which they did.
    They had given no foresight whatsoever as to what would happen when an isp with 12,000 users went bust, despite all the warnings and pleading from people over the months.
    It's that simple.
    If Ofcom couldn't have done anything to stop e7 failing (not their problem), then they should have been around to pick up the pieces, otherwise, what is the point of Ofcom?
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Does anyone know when the best time to get EzeeDSL to answer their phone is and if their is a freephone number to call them on rather than 0871?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    After 146 days (or almost 5 months) I now have a broadband internet connection. Talktalk was my chosen replacement and after a tiring day trying to get everything sorted, it is great to be back.I now have to notify my credit card company and hopefully they might get some cash back. Will keep you posted.
  • mike_paterson
    mike_paterson Posts: 1,473 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Welcome back Colin !!!!
    To infinity and beyond!
  • Guy_Wise
    Jo4 wrote:
    Does anyone know when the best time to get EzeeDSL to answer their phone is and if their is a freephone number to call them on rather than 0871?
    I don't think there is a particularly good time from what i have read over at Adslguide
    There always seems to be a queue (whether genuine or not, because they are making money out of that 0871 number)

and no, there isn't a free number for Ezee :(

Best to try and get answers in the forum if at all possible
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Guy_Wise wrote:
    You are missing the point djohn2002uk. You appear to be directing this *tirade* at myself, so i will respond.

When you say you posted early on in the thread expressing sympathy for e7even users, well, i was the first person to reply to this thread. You have clearly not read those posts, or my other earlier ones, so are unaware of my views and warnings to e7 users.
    So please don't lecture me on cheap ISPs!!

Your early posts, rather than displaying sympathy for e7even users, appear to be mildly critical of e7even and Mike Paterson. One of your posts received this response from the mods
    Well, guess whose posts did get edited? ;)
    1. My post was not directed at you (sorry if you felt important enough to warrant special attention) and if you had digested it properly you would have realised that it was intended for those who are looking for a cheap ISP again, and risking another load of hassle. I don't know whether you come into that category or not. If my comments deter just one person from going down that route it will have been worth it. So, no "TIRADE" against you.
    2. Since you chose to reply in such a way to a false assumption I will point you firstly to my post, number 61 in this thread where I say " I just feel so sorry for you all".
    And secondly none of my posts were deleted or edited and I suggest you read again the post by Edingburgh Lass that you linked to where she informed me that some earlier posts had to be deleted (Not any of mine) because they had become personal and that there was no need for my post to be edited. Also in the same post you will see that I made a favourable reference to Mike with the assurance that I was not painting him as the bad guy but giving him info that I thought he wasn't aware of.
    3. I haven't missed the point you are making, I am fully aware of OFCOMs duties but that just shows you were missing the main point that I am making which is simply that a lot of people have had so much hassle for months, and no doubt this will happen again in the future with other ISPs. and probably at the cheaper end of the market again, and if this keeps happening the best way of avoiding it is to use a tried and tested ISP and you will have gone some way towards having a peacefull and consistent time online.
  • Guy_Wise
    @djohn2002uk
    Wow!! You really are seriously slooow on the uptake!

i'm gonna keep this brief and to the point because it seems i'm wasting my breath.
    1. My post was not directed at you (sorry if you felt important enough to warrant special attention) and if you had digested it properly you would have realised that it was intended for those who are looking for a cheap ISP again, and risking another load of hassle. I don't know whether you come into that category or not. If my comments deter just one person from going down that route it will have been worth it.
    So, no "TIRADE" against you.
    Oh, Really??

Then If your post was not directed at myself, then why did you quote my whole post, followed by your reply ?
    Not hard to fathom that one out, is it ?

If you are a n00b, you may be unaware, but quoting someone's whole post usually means you are responding to that person! (unless it is qualified in some way with a statement)

2. Since you chose to reply in such a way to a false assumption I will point you firstly to my post, number 61 in this thread where I say " I just feel so sorry for you all".
    And secondly none of my posts were deleted or edited and I suggest you read again the post by Edingburgh Lass that you linked to where she informed me that some earlier posts had to be deleted (Not any of mine) because they had become personal and that there was no need for my post
    to be edited. Also in the same post you will see that I made a favourable reference to Mike with the assurance that I was not painting him as the bad guy but giving him info that I thought he wasn't aware of.
    Wow!! Again, you had to struggle to find that one and only single word to attempt to justify your comments.
    But yet again sooooo slow on the uptake! Here again you appear to have misunderstood my post concerning deletions.
    My reference concerning the mod's response is correct, but i wasn't implying that your posts were toooo strong, i was implying that my own earlier posts were.
    But, clearly, irony is lost on yourself! :)

I'll spell it out for you. I was hyper-critical of e7even in some of my very early posts in an attempt to make it very clear to users of e7even to get the **** out as soon as the opportunity arose, and to warn others from joining.
    That is my point.
    So i clearly have strong views on cheap ISPs and don't need anyone to come along and start giving me lectures on that subject.

3. I haven't missed the point you are making, I am fully aware of OFCOMs duties but that just shows you were missing the main point that I am making which is simply that a lot of people have had so much hassle for months, blah blah blah
    Here again, it's not me missing the point, but yourself. My post which you quoted, remember? well that particular post was purely a reference to Ofcom, here it is again
    Guy_Wise wrote:
    Yep, i do see the point you are making, and as per current regulations, you are quite correct.
    It just means the end user has a bit of a raw deal, thanks to Ofcom
    or is that ambiguous in some way?

That's really all i want to say, apart from:-

The clear moral here is please don't quote a post/poster then write a *diatribe* which is meant to have no reference to the post/poster you are quoting, otherwise, it is more than likely that your post will be misconstrued.

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    In fact the "clear moral" here is that more posts will be removed if this arguing carries on. The subject title is E7even - service, obviously the thread has moved on in that there is no longer any service from E7even but has been left open provided the posts are helpful to ex E7even users.

All previous posts in this thread that were removed by myself or the Forum Team were removed because they attacked one particular MSE user.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure