Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My main wildlife pond has got a few goldfish that I can never catch. When my parents gave me the pond weed it must have contained goldfish eggs. Last year I managed to catch around 50 of them and rehome, the heron had a few as well. Too much pond weed to catch the final few that are now 2-3 inches long. Need to catch hem soon before they are old enough to breed.

I can only think of one if those kids nets on canes, or a plastic bucket attached to a pole? Sorry, that's all I've got. Of course if you can wade in and use a shorter cane or pole. Good luck xx

hth
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • spasguidedogs
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I'm lovely today thank you.

I'm just planning a day at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park at Wakefield:)

I'm doing a scrapbook on it:) and really excited to see some of the pieces
    I used to love going there with the kids when we lived in Yorkshire. We are planning to go and visit next week:j, on our own now the kids are in their twenties
  • SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Go on NUS web page and have a look there. As far as I know they have a list of providers they are dealing with now. Good luck xx

Ecareers and New Skills Academy are on the list and online. They look expensive at first glance but through groupon or wowcher they become quite cheap. E.g. there’s a £99 Microsoft new features course for £4.

Anyway I’m all signed up and card applied for. Should arrive within a week.

Thanks to all for the info.

SnS
  • spasguidedogs
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    I can only think of one if those kids nets on canes, or a plastic bucket attached to a pole? Sorry, that's all I've got. Of course if you can wade in and use a shorter cane or pole. Good luck xx

hth
    Thank you, I have tried a couple of different nets, one being a kiiddies net, too much weed to hide in. Now we have seen a grass snake in the pond I'm a little nervous, though I know they are not venomous. I can't believe how good snakes are at swimming.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ecareers and New Skills Academy are on the list and online. They look expensive at first glance but through groupon or wowcher they become quite cheap. E.g. there’s a £99 Microsoft new features course for £4.

Anyway I’m all signed up and card applied for. Should arrive within a week.

Thanks to all for the info.

SnS

What are the benefits of an NUS card?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    What are the benefits of an NUS card?

There are loads but the ones I’m most interested in are Amazon Prime (free for 6 months and then half price) and 10% off at co-op.

SnS
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    With the Shoppmium Lynx, it's £3 in A's, and £1.50 in S. So, if it's 'try me for £1', I think it would work out as it costing -35p.

£1.65 apg and £2 back on Smium, so -65p :)
  • Freewheeling
    Freewheeling Posts: 622 Forumite
    Options
    Chrisv wrote: »
    £1.65 apg and £2 back on Smium, so -65p :)

Thanks Chrisv, maths is really not proving to be my strong point today. :o
  • Freewheeling
    Freewheeling Posts: 622 Forumite
    Options
    Just working on the rock garden and I had a "little" visitor to my pond.

The biggest dragonfly I have ever seen! I think she was laying eggs as she spent ages with her tail in the water :)

Isn't nature beautiful, wonderful and miraculous? :)

x0tbvo.jpg

It really is. :)
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just been talking to a lovely lady in Nova Scotia where they are also having a heat wave following a very bad winter - up to 40 degree temps - OMG :eek:

I was talking to Admiral about the car insurance renewal as the reminder email came the other week with a price very similar to last years.

I also had to alter Errant sons occupation as he is on as a named 3rd driver on one of the cars as he drives the car sometimes instead of his very big van. At least now he has an exact profession that is on car insurance lists! This only put the insurance up by £36 which was better than I thought - must be a safe profession.

Then after a bit of wiggling and trying various things she added on the various discounts - we now get legal insurance included as well which would be £30.

And a final saving of £111 - so far. I don't think I will do much better on comparison websites, I will have a play at some websites though. But that's not a bad saving for a Freephone call.
    Last year I managed to get a bit more discount ringing just days before renewal so I will try that again as well :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure