Requesting details of loans RBS

I’m a bit stumped. I was mis sold PPI on a RBS loan years ago and contacted RBS via Which to see if I could have it refunded. I couldn’t find any loans details but over the telephone the bank said due to the number of years ago I took the loan I would need to contact them in writing at the Westcliffe-On-Sea address and request details of the loan to progress my case. Is there a standard process/template letter to make this request? Do I need to pay for this information- I was only really given the address which in hindsight wasn’t that useful. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Is there a standard process/template letter to make this request?

No. Just say you are writing for a data subject access request.
    Do I need to pay for this information

no
    I was only really given the address which in hindsight wasn!!!8217;t that useful.
    What is happening is that the PPI complaints staff at the bank cant find any evidence of PPI. So, they are saying that you can do a DSAR and that will see someone at the bank do a deeper search for all your records and send them to you. You can then see from the records that they send if you actually have any PPI or not. However, be aware, that its possible that there are no further records and no evidence of payment exists.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • LadyCoupon
    LadyCoupon Posts: 718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Do you not have to pay the £10 fee for the SAR letter?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    No. GDPR is now in effect.
  • LadyCoupon
    LadyCoupon Posts: 718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Thank you for that, I should have known about GDPR, I had to sit through a talk at work for about 3 hours from solicitors telling us about it. 3 hours I will never get back. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure