PPI Cover Disclosure

Hi all, I have recently submitted enquiries using the Resolver website - simply to ask companies that I have had business with in the past whether or not any of my policies/CC/Loans etc ever had PPI. Many of the companies have responded either Yes/No. However, Lloyds and Halifax have only sent me a claim form, asking me to prove that I had PPI, on which product and why I believe it was mis-sold. Is that right? Surely if I ask them to disclose whether I had it or not is up to them to clarify??? TIA

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    However, Lloyds and Halifax have only sent me a claim form, asking me to prove that I had PPI, on which product and why I believe it was mis-sold. Is that right?

If that is what they have done then it is right.
    Surely if I ask them to disclose whether I had it or not is up to them to clarify?

By asking you to evidence you had it and why you want to complain, that indicates they have not found any evidence you had any. As data gets destroyed over time, they are asking you for evidence in case its from a period when the evidence no longer exists. The FCA requires them to use any evidence you supply where they hold no records.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Red741892 wrote: »
    Surely if I ask them to disclose whether I had it or not is up to them to clarify?
    Not if they don't know. That's why they are requesting you send them your own evidence.

If neither you nor they can evidence PPI, any complaint you might make is of course a non-starter.

Sorry.
  • I have had a similar experience with the Halifax.

I wonder if anyone can help me?

They located a loan account from 1998 in July of this year but refused to say whether the loan had PPI attached saying they are "investigating".

I went ahead and sent back the questionnaire because I felt sure that I had had PPI on one of their loans and I was self-employed at the time.

They have said that I will have a decision on or before 7th September.

In the meantime I have found a statement from this loan account. It has the amount of the loan £6000, in the "transfer"column. The following day its has a figure of £844 (nearly 15% of the loan amount) in the debit column described as "payment".

Is this likely to be the PPI amount? When I added the figures up it was definitely added to the "loan outstanding" at the end of the statement.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    RosieNAT wrote: »

In the meantime I have found a statement from this loan account. It has the amount of the loan £6000, in the "transfer"column. The following day its has a figure of £844 (nearly 15% of the loan amount) in the debit column described as "payment".

Is this likely to be the PPI amount?

Do you really expect anyone here to know? Wait for the Bank's response on or before 7th September.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure