Metro Bank Business Account Checks

Hi all

I already have a personal bank account with Metro and was wandering what sort of additional checks Metro will do on me when opening a new business account? I have no CCJ's or bankruptcies to my name and the business has been active for less than a week...

Thanks for your help.

James

Comments

• Have you asked Metro Bank?
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there and welcome to MSE,

First of all, it would depend what sort of account you are applying for. If it is a basic bank account, with no overdraft, or card payments then there is no credit required and it is unlikely there will be any credit check at all.

If you want some credit on the account and the business is not limited, then the bank would check your personal credit file much in the same way as they would for any other current account, as there isn't a separate credit file available for the business. I hope that helps to answer your question.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure