Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion

Comments

• purplegirluk1
    purplegirluk1 Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, can anyone tell me what I would need to do if I do not have any details about a closed account? I assume I need to write but aam not sure what to write.
  • Hi, can anyone tell me what I would need to do if I do not have any details about a closed account? I assume I need to write but aam not sure what to write.

write to the company asking for your statements with as much details as you can, ie address at the time, plus usual things. If you have an idea when the card account was closed then send that ie approx. month/year
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • maegaz
    maegaz Posts: 38 Forumite
    Hello there!
    One question, just wondering if anyone has claimed their charges after June 2006. I have 2 £12 charges from these dates together with 8 charges from before June 2006. I am just wondering if I should put it in the calculator with the interest on top.
    Thanks.
  • vivih
    vivih Posts: 9 Forumite
    Hello,
    I really need someone's help.

I applied to reclaim the PPI charges on my HSBC credit card in April 09. I took the card in 2003. I didn't have the paperwork and I know it was probably foolish not to ask for the info but decided to chance it anyway under "not given correct info" as I don't recall ever being told anything about it.

I received a letter a few days ago to say that they are rejecting the claim as when I took the card out they gave me literature and also told me about how the 'repayment protector' worked; and that I was told I had 30 days to cancel should I wish to.

However, it turns out that I took the card out at the time my father was very ill (Aug 03), and within a few weeks of taking the card out he died (early Sept 03) - not only leaving us devastated, but I had to make all the funeral arrangements, so cancelling the PPI was the last thing on my mind. HSBC could have told me that grass was blue and sky green and it wouldn't have mattered or made a difference to me!!!

I haven't been in touch with HSBC again since receiving this letter, but don't know what to do next.
    Do I contact HSBC again telling them this or just try FOS? Or do I just forget the whole thing?

The claim is for £570 - a lot of money to me right now.

Can someone please Help????
  • barloo69 wrote: »
    List both set of numbers on your letters and amend the wording so as you are reclaiming on BOTH accounts. I think they may of just updated your account but nevertheless you may have charges relating when the account was the basic student one.

Anyways, doesnt hurt. Go get em........

Good luck.

Many thanks for the reply. Will send my letter off today. :)
  • HI All,

Just started to reclaim my credit card charges from MBNA, everything seems to be going fine so far.

I used to have credit cards with Barclays, Cahoot, Capital one and Morgan Stanley.

Where can I get the correct addresses for these banks ? The websites arn't easy for finding snail mail address, I also think Morgan Stanley have been taken over a couple of times will I still be able to claim?
  • jos004
    jos004 Posts: 222 Forumite
    saintsnut wrote: »
    HI All,

Just started to reclaim my credit card charges from MBNA, everything seems to be going fine so far.

I used to have credit cards with Barclays, Cahoot, Capital one and Morgan Stanley.

Where can I get the correct addresses for these banks ? The websites arn't easy for finding snail mail address, I also think Morgan Stanley have been taken over a couple of times will I still be able to claim?

There is a list of addresses in this forum. Have MBNA threatened to call in your cc balance? Do you think they will?

Morgan Stanley are still trading under that name, as far as I know.
  • nixxy07
    nixxy07 Posts: 14 Forumite
    :confused:

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere....

I have several credit cards with outstanding balances which are still subject to a current DMP but on which I have received a ridiculous amount of unfair charges.

Has anyone got any experience of reclaiming CC charges in this situation? Any info or experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Ive sent my claims to capital one last week ohhh the waiting lol no doubt they will tell me to get lost in the first reply
    Winging life....
  • Hi,

I sent my letter to Barclays 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. The 2 week deadline for replying has passed.... any advice on what to so next?

Silverprincess

(NB - *rant alert* I also have a problem with them as they still seem to insist on using my old address, despite me going into a branch 3 times with my passport and filling out the change of address forms! I know the person in my old flat, so usually get any post, although its not very reliable! I'm soooo closing this account as soon as they pay up)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback