The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Experian Credit Score: What score do you need for "Excellent"?

Comments

• ScottHeron
    ScottHeron Posts: 42 Forumite
    You really haven't got a clue Jon and any more responses to you is a waste of time as clearly you have been Very taking in with experians credit score nonsense!!

Just coz you've got a rubbish score Bugsy!
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2012 at 12:06PM
    ScottHeron wrote: »

I wouldn't know my credit score only a lender would see this when processing an application, thus being private and unavailable on request.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Lenders don not see your experian credit score, or the credit score given to you by any of the other CRA's.

These scores are meaningless.
  • jon142
    jon142 Posts: 277 Forumite
    I wouldn't know my credit score only a lender would see this when processing an application, thus being private and unavailable on request.

My point is WHY is this information private? what can you do if you know the INTERNAL score with the bank?

WHY WHY WHY do they hide it??
  • Rupert_Bear
    Rupert_Bear Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    ScottHeron wrote: »

Can't be that rubbish as he has just been accepted for a Lloydstsb currant account.
  • BugsyBrowne
    Lenders don not see your experian credit score, or the credit score given to you by any of the other CRA's.

These scores are meaningless.

I know that try and tell the ESMP ( experian score muppet party)
  • BugsyBrowne
    Can't be that rubbish as he has just been accepted for a Lloydstsb currant account.

No missed payment for nearly 10 years 1 credit card with 5k+ limit with small balance a Barclays account 18 years with a small loan and now opened up lloyds gold account which not sure if that's scored differently. With a very lousy £100 OD
  • jon142
    No missed payment for nearly 10 years 1 credit card with 5k+ limit with small balance a Barclays account 18 years with a small loan and now opened up lloyds gold account which not sure if that's scored differently. With a very lousy £100 OD

Give it a few months of Account History and your interal score will be very good and youve be preapproved for things, i was.
  • BugsyBrowne
    jon142 wrote: »
    Give it a few months of Account History and your interal score will be very good and youve be preapproved for things.

Cheers Jon just want my online banking digit code to come and obviously my card and then swap things over.
  • jon142
    Cheers Jon just want my online banking digit code to come and obviously my card and then swap things over.

Lloyds Gold Account is also scored differently to the Silver & Classic accounts. so lloyds must rate you well to give you that straight off.

Jon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport