Noddle.co.uk

Comments

• scottishblondie
    scottishblondie Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Noddle also kept telling me this when I entered the details of one card several times over the last few months. Lat night I tried a different card and it worked - not sure why, as both cards show on the report.

(Along with 2 wrongly linked addresses, both other flats in my building - hopefully that won't be too hard to sort out)
  • DavidT
    DavidT Posts: 65 Forumite
    I had a wrongly linked address on mine, about 9 miles away from me! I raised a dispute a few days ago and have received a letter today from Noddle to say the incorrect address will be removed within 7 days. Quite impressed with that. Does anyone know if the incorrect address would likely show on Experian etc? Or is it a central thing they all get the information from? In other words if Noddle remove it will it also disappear from all other credit report providers searches or would I need to look at each one?

As for verifying an account with Noddle my first card was rejected and its the fact you only get a generic rejection that's frustrating. You ideally need to know the specific reason but I guess they would claim it would compromise security if they told you the specific reason? Annoying all the same though.
  • I've just signed up to Noddle after reading about it on here and I signed up without any problems and find it to be a fantastic site. I did find some Aviva searches I am not happy with though so I'll be commenting on that thread now I've found my MSE voice. This is my first post so...Hello everyone.

Duke
  • Moneymash
    Moneymash Posts: 510 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    DerbyRams wrote: »
    Sorry if this post is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to post it.

I thought I would check noodle.co.uk to see if my score matched up with my score on Credit Expert.

I put my card details in, for 'verification purposes' including 3 digit code on reverse, name on card and of course card number.

For some reason it couldn't verify me, and just told me to try again another time.

I am now concerned about putting my card details into a site which seems to have done nothing apart from give me an incorrect message in exchange for my card details.

Has anybody had experience with noodle.co.uk and is it a valid trusted site?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

I tried to register with noddle about a week ago and didn't get the follow-up email with the pin. Like you I was a bit miffed I had given out my card details and got nothing in return. I was even questioning the email address I gave. I read your thread and tried again just now, same card details but different username and password and it worked.

I have just viewed my credit report, it is not as accurate as my experian report and that's wrong! :mad:
    Debt-Free day 30th September 2014
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    You can defiantly tell why this noodle credit report is FREE as they couldn't possibly charge for this very poor service that doesn't update properly, doesn't have all of your accounts(well mine don't) very amateur outfit IMO.
  • Maestro.
    Maestro. Posts: 1,518 Forumite
    You can defiantly tell why this noodle credit report is FREE as they couldn't possibly charge for this very poor service that doesn't update properly, doesn't have all of your accounts(well mine don't) very amateur outfit IMO.

That's not Noddle's fault... not every lender reports to CallCredit, in fact I think quite a few don't, and even less search it when putting in credit applications. If the information isn't there then they can't show it.
    Oh, you wee bazza!
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    as they couldn't possibly charge for this very poor service that doesn't update properly, doesn't have all of your accounts(well mine don't) very amateur outfit IMO.

IME they are slower to update than Equifax.
    They will only have the accounts that report to Call Credit. All of mine show up.
    They are the "poor relation" compared to Experian and Equifax IMO as they are newer and don't in general have as many companies report to them.
    On the other hand it's free, so what is there to complain about??
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Maestro. wrote: »
    That's not Noddle's fault... not every lender reports to CallCredit, in fact I think quite a few don't, and even less search it when putting in credit applications. If the information isn't there then they can't show it.

Well then people should stop running on about how good this credit report from noodle is then shouldn't they.

As you say if the credit information is not there how can they show it, well think you've just answered it for yourself That noodle are not in the same league as experian & Equifax rendering this company hopeless.
  • jason1231972
    jason1231972 Posts: 350 Forumite
    Well then people should stop running on about how good this credit report from noodle is then shouldn't they.

As you say if the credit information is not there how can they show it, well think you've just answered it for yourself That noodle are not in the same league as experian & Equifax rendering this company hopeless.

Just my $0.02 worth - my noddle account shows every single account I have or have had during the past 6 years. Every current account, every credit card, every store card, every mobile phone contract, across a wide variety of lenders/providers. There are 11 active accounts listed, including a couple of dud current accounts that I haven't used in donkey's years, and should probably close.

To me, this indicates that many more providers report to CallCredit than assumed, even if they don't necessarily use it as a primary search tool.

What it doesn't show is all of my searches (I estimate it only shows about 75% of the searches that have been made against me in the past 2 years), and all of the addresses (in my case, two) that I'm linked to.

My Experian account (last time I checked it...ages ago) lists an alias as a slight variation of my given name ('Jay', instead of 'Jason'). This probably arose from me doing quickie car insurance quotes or something over the years. Noddle doesn't show any aliases.

I like Noddle. The fact that it's free is obviously a big bonus. If you can get past the fact that it tries to flog you cards and loans every time you log on, it can give a very good overview of one's credit affairs. In my case, it's pretty much spot on.
  • 21yrold
    21yrold Posts: 292 Forumite
    edited 20 May 2012 at 3:39PM
    I've just signed up to this in about 3 minutes and it looks amazing!

So insightful and going to help me keep a check on what i owe to who!

Its free to so cant ever moan!

I'm only 2/5 thou but i suspect thats because im 24 and have 7k of credit and alot more available to me?

Should i close the accounts with high credit limits that i dont use no more?
    Halifax loan - 6800 - 198 DD a month
    Barclay card 0% - £2000 - £150 DD a month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family