It's time to be responsible and quit partying...

Comments

• Soooo I totally feel like it's time to give up I don't really seem to be getting anywhere with this...
    I won't though mainly because I can't...
    So I got paid and the bills came out and now I have zero... well not quite zero I have approx 150 to get to next payday which isn't really a lot so plan for April:
    Become a Hermit
    Utilise Housemates Love Film
    Go running more
    Only purchase house food shopping
    Sell soul on black market (although that won't be worth anything lol)

Ok so thats the self pity done roll on next month maybe I might be able to find something positive to write about!!

Oh FYI
    No clothes purchased (clothes swap done and successful)
    No tobacco purchased

Til next time on doom and gloom!!!
  • Clamborina
    Clamborina Posts: 33 Forumite
    One week to go!!! Woop woop!!!

By some kind of crazy miracle (Easter gifted monies) I have about 20 quid to get me there!! Which by the time I have contributed to the weekly shop and film night and got some petrol (I have to work away on Monday..) I will have survived.

But am proud to say that for another month I have lived within my means and haven't defrosted the assets - still have the car though.. every time I think I don't need it something crops up that means I do need it so I'm sitting on that one a while longer..

So there's 20 left on my H&M account that will be boshed next week and any loose change in the house is not safe - if I find it then it goes in one of my pots!!

I'm going to try the envelope tactic next month and anything left over at the end of the week will go in the pot!! I kind of do this with my spends account and anything (usually a few p) gets transferred to the savings at the end of the month.

So again no new clothes and no tobacco products (no going out means no smokes)

Plan for the weekend
    me + housemate + pj's + sofas + films = staying in is the new going out!!!!!!
  • ngozi79
    ngozi79 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Subscribing to your amusing thread!

You seem to be going through the same issues as me so hoping you can inspire me a bit! Sadly, I also have a £200 a month diesel bill just for my commute, and an OH who thinks nothing of spending a tenner on a few beers and tobacco most days!

Good luck with your debt-free plight!
  • Clamborina
    OMG.. someone else reads this and not just me... haha
    (Ok be calm and act cool..) Hi.. Welcome to my thread thingy!!!

So it's meant to be payday tomorrow but it's not showing in pending.. not good.. maybe they forgot to pay me.. I know the payroll lady doesn't like me much.. anyway I'll wait and see what tomorrow brings! If it brings no monies then my weekend is screwed!! The only real time I was going to do stuff this month - well I have 3 quid that's just enough to purchase a pint at the comedy night we already have tickets for - small sips! And my housemate bought me back a packet of cigs from her jaunt to Benidorm so just Friday night films and curry may have to be a jacket potato.......again!
    What I have learnt so far - I'll live!! If I can't afford to go out then stay home.. If I can't afford clothes then swap or make do.. If I can't afford petrol then walk.. If I can't afford exercise classes/gym then run.. If I can't afford food then tell the family - they will always give me food!!!!
  • Clamborina
    H&M Account - PAID OFF!!!!! Woop Woop!!
    Extortionate amount spent on Petrol :-( car is :-) now though..
    And so another month of staying in watching films and vegging in the pj's commences!!
    Next payday I am treating myself to a hairdo and a 'proper' night out!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Clamborina
    Excitement short lived unfortunately.. cancel the hairdo and the night out the car has screwed me over with it's 'issues' so mother had to bail me out again (at least it wasn't a cc I suppose) and I didn't manage to pay my holibob this month (planned) so postponed to next month... Roll on July hopefully that's going to be where my plans come into fruition!!! (You should see the plan.. it's great!!)

Well a girl can dream right........ and if I'm dreaming I'm not spending!!!
  • Hey :)

You're doing really well! There will always be a few set backs but you're heading in the right direction keep at it :).....do you have any emergency funds that you regularly add to? perhaps when things like the car crop up you have something to pay it with (I know this all too well my car eats up my emergency fund ALL the time :mad:!)

:A
    2024 Mortgage-free wannabe #17
    OP straight to mortgage - APRIL £305.67/ 206.88 (ytd £638.67)
    MOP savings account 1200 / 3000 to be paid later this year
    Mortgage balance Jan 1st 2024 £99224.13 Feb 1st £98,833.72 Mar 1st £98,928.18
    Apr 1st £97,646.20
    Emergency fund £1260/ 1500 84%
    Food Budget - JAN 484.44/500, FEB 488.59/500, MAR 439.33/500, APR 531.34/500 -OOPS
  • Clamborina
    Nope unfortunately no emergency fund.. that's another work in progress.. and part of the illusive plan!
    So in a bid to save on lunches, which I've done quite well so far, I have incidently picked a jacket potato today for lunch forgetting that its jackets on the menu plan for tea tonight... Oopsy I will look like a potato before the day is out!!

On the plus side my mother feels that bad for me she's taking me to have my hair done (secretly I think it's because she doesn't want to go to the hairdresser by herself lol) :-)
  • Hi Clamborina, I'm new *waves*

Well done with sticking at it even when you felt like quitting. You're doing really well!

Are you keeping a spending diary? I've found it really helps...just that feeling of guilt every time I have to write something down makes me think twice.

Hope your car is behaving better now!

Polly x
  • Clamborina
    Hiya!!

Greetings newbie!!
    Well May wasn't too great... but payday is coming (Tues) which includes new tax code (more monies) and payrise (more monies) so I will have more monies this month!!

Nearly used the H&M account yesterday but had a !!!!!! are you doing moment and exited the site very quickly!!

Things to pay for this month include balance on the holiday and housemates birthday defo doable by my reckoning!!

Somehow our household shopping is really cheap and let me tell you we EAT!! Not paid more than 15 quid a week in over a month now! Bargain! (Includes - Breakfasts, Dinners and general House stuff - not lunch because we all take different stuff)

On the subject of food I haven't eaten a packet of crisps at work or on a weekday in like 2 months - that's well impressive seeing as I am a self confessed crisp fiend.

I did used to do a spending diary (when I was using the cc's frivolously) but now I don't have any money to spend (and the assets are frozen) I'm not really writing anything. Also, I'm really good at talking myself out of buying stuff now ("you don't need chocolate it makes you fat.. put it back..") So I now tend to withdraw my 50 for the week spend what I need to on food/petrol etc then with the rest I use for fun usually like a night out or cinema etc then when it's gone it's gone and if it isn't gone it goes in a sealed pot.
    Am defo going to start the emergency fund properly though, I've had a think and I need this in my life!!

Will update next week sometime after the payday!

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport