'No More Buying Books Until I've Read the Ones I've Already Bought' Thread

Comments

• Dee_cb
    Dee_cb Posts: 231 Forumite
    Can I join this group please? I'll count my books tomorrow and go from there
    No More Buying Books 2012 ...read 35 ; Bought: 5
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 member Number1719
    £2 coin saver £10
    £1 savers £6

• InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Dee_cb wrote: »
    Can I join this group please? I'll count my books tomorrow and go from there

Of course! The more the merrier! ;) You don't need to ask...just jump in and enjoy! :T
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• I've just finished 'One Day', it was absolutely amazing, i will have to wait until the DVD is out to see what the film is like! I 100% recommend it to all!

Oooh, I have One Day in my 'waiting' list. Will move it to the top 5 now, thanks
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • I've just started reading 'Heart Shaped Box' by Joe Hill (Stephen King's son), only a few chapters in but already hooked! Really easy to read, its a horror story about a man who buys a ghost from the Internet!

I've also just read loads of Zombie based stories! Let me know if you want any recommendations!!
    Nov NSD: 8/7 Dec NSD: 1/10
    Sealed pot member #1443 2011: £106. 2012: £171
    Ninjakat challenge: Aim to clear two debts by April 2013
    100 day challenge: No toiletries or magazines 19/100 (3 x fails :()
    Extra payment a week challenge: Total to date: £2355.53
  • I've just started reading 'Heart Shaped Box' by Joe Hill (Stephen King's son), only a few chapters in but already hooked! Really easy to read, its a horror story about a man who buys a ghost from the Internet!

I've also just read loads of Zombie based stories! Let me know if you want any recommendations!!

Have you read "World War Z"? I don't usually like horror/zombie books as I scare myself by thinking about it all but thought that one was brilliant. Would definately recommend it.

Quite like the idea of buying a ghost off the internet - guessing it's not a friendly ghost though if it's a horror story?!
    No more buying books Books in 2016 = 20.
    Target for 2018 = 7/21
    No more buying DVDs ? 2018 target 27/52

Sealed pot challenge member #1733
  • blindtoast wrote: »
    Have you read "World War Z"? I don't usually like horror/zombie books as I scare myself by thinking about it all but thought that one was brilliant. Would definately recommend it.

Quite like the idea of buying a ghost off the internet - guessing it's not a friendly ghost though if it's a horror story?!

Hello, no I havent read World War Z - i'll go and add it to my wish list on Amazon!!! Thanks for the tip off
  • Sessie wrote: »

"The Best A Man Can Get" by John O'Farrell I read in about three hours yesterday. Again, light and entertaining. About a man who has a secret flat in London where he goes when he's had enough of family life (would that we could ALL do that eh??) and tells his wife he's "working". Of course, eventually it all comes down around his ears and it's HYSTERICAL!! Really funny writing, yet you can actually even see it from his point of view as well as his wife's.

x

I've read this book, its really good, I totally related to it, the competition between the man and the wife about who has had the hardest day, getting up to look after the baby etc, I highhly recommend it x
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    finished Cheslea Cain's "the night season". another amazing book - next to Sophie Kinsella she is my favourite author..... have fingers crossed for a 4th book in the gretchen series.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • I bought Jodi Picoult's Sing You Home in Morrisons the other day, and ordered A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton.

Today I got from the publishers for review:
    Spellbound - Rachel Hawkins
    Everlasting - Elizabeth Chandler
    Dark Storm - Sarah Singleton
    Traitor's Son - Hilari Bell

Then, today is my birthday and I got am Amazon and a Waterstones gift cards, so no doubt there will be more books soon as well.

But on the plus side, I re-arranged my room on Tuesday and moved my bookcases, while I was doing that I cleared out about 30 books I don't want anymore that are going on ebay/readitswapit.
  • QueenB.
    QueenB. Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I finally got round to finishing the two books i have been reading this week.

Dear Fatty....Dawn French. Not always a fan of autobiographies but found this one interesting. She writes it as a series of letters to family and friends and it is both extremely funny and extremely moving in parts. 3/5

The courtesans Lover........Gabrielle kimm. Set in Naples in 1564 it tell the story of a courtesan who finds love in a series of unexpected encounters. But putting her past behind puts both herself and those she loves in danger. A good book, well written and the central story is interwoven with lots of smaller stories all related 4/5. The characters are believable and i really hope the writer continues some of the characters in another book. I had never read this author before this book (my sister had brought it for me as a present) but now i am going to see if the library can order me her first book, His Last Duchess.

After having read so many different types of books this month I am going to end the month with the author I started it with, Kelley Armstrong. I have started her book Frostbitten all about werewolves and other supernaturals. I always find her books quick but enjoyable reads.

Missladyannie I read heart shaped box this month, an enjoyable easy read that certainly keeps you guessing.

Kellbobs I loved the secret life of bees film, I may have to put the book down on my possible treat list.

littlepinkstar Happy birthday have a great day.
    Success means having to worry about every thing in the world......EXCEPT MONEY. Johnny Cash

Cross stitch Cafe member 81.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure