The "thats another fine mess I got us into" and I'll get us out again diary!

Comments

• Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    that is a very profound statement. I'm not a victim i'm a DFW! almost up there with the DFW moto.
  • When I first admitted there was a problem I had read that for things to sink in it took at least 3 weeks and a good calming and confidence builder was to repeat 3 positive facts about yourself. So in my head I used to say "I am good, I am strong, I will survive" I still say it now!

I got the post today without too much stress - I recognised the envelopes of some. One was a new plan for the last 6 months of the HP - based on my new wages payment date - one panick over! And i also got £21 from recycling 2 mobile phones!!! The rest was just crap. :rotfl:

Me x
    One small step for ME, one giant leap for my family!

2015 - my Amazon Gift Certificate mini challenge - saving to buy small household electrical items.
    Total £9.12
  • Happy Birthday to Me :bdaycake: !!!

Yesterday was mega hard work as did most of my new job on my own for the first time - I was supposed to have a good few weeks training - but sickness has hit the teams, but I survived, slept like a log, hehe

Double scratch day so hope it wont be too many more weeks before a payout :T

Hope you all keep warm and safe today,

Me x

2015 - my Amazon Gift Certificate mini challenge - saving to buy small household electrical items.
    Total £9.12
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Happy birthday!

You sound like you are getting on well at work - often it is better to be thrown in at the deep end.....tough at the time, but well worth it when you can look back and say "actually, I did bloody well!".

Hope you have a good day!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • goodeys
    goodeys Posts: 123 Forumite
    Happy Birthday. I see that you and your son are very close together on the birthday front! Have a fab day and keep up the good work
    January Grocery Challenge - Budget £300 Spent £122
  • Have woken up today with sniffles and so has DS. Just in time for the weekend. DH has man flu already so the end of the world is nigh. :mad:

I will kick him into positive mood sometime this year, so watch this space :rolleyes:

10p on the scratchcard and payday is 1 day earlier than I thought so only 2 weeks to wait now, hehe

Me x

Total £9.12
  • I'm back!!!! The last few weeks have been manic but I love my new job - and of course, the odd freebie food and access to a staff shop with goods at a fantastic rate (but usually borderline on use by dates) has nothing to do with it :money: . It really is a case of walk to the shop at dinner, get what i need, pay very little for it, then just need fresh and frozen from elsewhere.

More importantly I have learn't how to work the drinks machine and its also FREE - the lattes, cappucino, proper coffee are really nice.

Checked with my bank this morning and I have been paid, and its more than i thought as I didn't start until a few days into Jan. Have a few things to get tomorrow that I have been putting off, but the savings in petrol and shopping I am sure will add up, plus lower int rates mean lower mortgage payments from next month!!!!!! All adds up to more coloured squares!

The aim is to pay of £5K this year - finish paying for car, pay more on debts each month, and hope to buy a new car - cash not credit. Will still leave a lot left, but each time something paid leaves the money to start on something else.

Well best get up now :eek: .

Me x

Total £9.12
  • Well, I've been updating my notebook this week, coloured some squares and also worked out what i would pay normally then set a slightly increased target for 2009 so that I have the incentive to gain extra cash!!!!!

Should manage to clear the car loan, my mum and possibly one credit card if they do a decent F & F settlement. Then I can concentrate on the next step :j

Me x

Total £9.12
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    congratz on the new job. I hope that you are now feeling much better. I will read your story with interest, to see how you do
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Free coffee.....where is this job, and are there any vacancies :confused: :rotfl:

Glad that things are going well for you and that the square colouring in is coming along nicely!!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure