Opened PPI claim with Halifax; they've texted me about a questionnaire?

Options
Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me.
I opened a PPI claim with Halifax last month using the Resolver tool which went through fine - until I received a text message from them saying "we have not yet received your questionnaire for PPI complaint {number}. Please complete with full details and send back to us as soon as possible".

I have no idea what on earth they're talking about - I've received nothing through the post from them, there's nothing on Resolver and, of course, they haven't given me any way of getting in touch with them to ask what on earth they're on about!
I have dyslexia and other disabilities/health issues and just the thought of going through a PPI claim put me of starting it for years, and now I'm starting to wish I hadn't bothered :-/

Any help would be really gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Put your complaint in direct to Halifax. The PPI complaint questionnaire is available to download from the Financial Ombudsman Website;
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ppi/im-looking-for-your-ppi-forms.html

Forget about Resolver, it's obviously not working as it needs to.
  • rq9292
    rq9292 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did you receive an acknowledgement letter with a reference number on it? The questionnaire is normally attached to that. If not then ring up or complete the online version of the questionnaire. A google search of "halifax PPI questionnaire" will bring up the right page.
  • london_lass
    Options
    Thank you both! How odd.
    I don't believe I have received an acknowledgement letter from them so will look it up online.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you both! How odd.
    Not really. Several similar problems with Resolver complaints have been reported. As I said, complain directly for the smoothest ride...
  • good_cooker
    Options
    Still advise you to be alert. I contacted Halifax direct, & initially had helpful response via text msg.Then told I'd be sent a questionnaire.
    I was, 3 weeks later. Plus letter which told me my query would be automatically closed down if they hadn't heard from me within 14 days. It only arrived 7 days into that 14 days!
    filled it out same day & mailed back (first class) to still receive a text saying they hadn't received it by due date, and would close my query. I phoned back to make sure they didn't, and pointing out that it was outrageous to time limit returning something sent out 2ndclass mail!
    When you do get the questionnaire, I'd suggest getting some help filling it out: it's badly presented, and I think would be tricky for many people with added challenge of dyslexia.
    I'd add that I don't see this as a Resolver issue: I've had a very smooth and successful response using it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    told I'd be sent a questionnaire.
    I was, 3 weeks later. Plus letter which told me my query would be automatically closed down if they hadn't heard from me within 14 days. It only arrived 7 days into that 14 days!
    I provided the link to download the Ombudsman questionnaire (which is the same for all banks) in the first reply on this thread. No need to wait for the mail in this day and age. I suspect you can also download it from the Halifax site.
  • good_cooker
    Options
    In this case I already had contact with a representative of Halifax. That you had posted advice here really has no relevance to my point.
    You seem unaware that not everyone is able to access to internet 'in this day and age'.
    More to the point is, if a company is mailing out a document which requires hard copy response, it is simply poor practice to post second class when they themselves are imposing an arbitrary, and short, deadline.
    In fact it was the Halifax agent (via text message) who arranged for questionnaire to be posted to me; I hadn't asked for one, as I had already supplied detailed info about the product in question.
    He didn't ask if I would like to access it in any other way, nor did he warn me about the time frame. He could just as well advised me to visit a website. He had my address, so at least knew better than to suggest I call in to a branch! (Very few and very far between, up here)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You seem unaware that not everyone is able to access to internet 'in this day and age'.
    Of course, on an internet web forum EVERYONE reading and posting has access to the web!

My post was in response to your warning to the OP to be "alert", not to your particular circumstance.

I still think the root cause of the OP's problem was using the third party (internet based) Resolver to complain.
  • rq9292
    rq9292 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just so no know it doesn't really matter if you miss the 14 day deadline. They will re-open the case as if nothing happened once the questionnaire is received.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure