Crowdology

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    littlewren wrote: »
    This latest one didn't take half an hour, even though it was fairly long, so I would have made a bit over 70p per hour lol

So you're not saying "no" to £2/hour to dig my garden over? It's not really much digging either.... it'd be the easiest £2/hour you'd ever earnt. Just dig a random bit and chuck it into the corner.... then pat the corner down.

I'm not upping the rate though; I know you'll work for 70p/hour and I've already made a good offer at £2 :)

If you do it well I'll let you paint the fence for £2 too. How easy is that?? You're landing on your feet.
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    So you're not saying "no" to £2/hour to dig my garden over? It's not really much digging either.... it'd be the easiest £2/hour you'd ever earnt. Just dig a random bit and chuck it into the corner.... then pat the corner down.

I'm not upping the rate though; I know you'll work for 70p/hour and I've already made a good offer at £2 :)

If you do it well I'll let you paint the fence for £2 too. How easy is that?? You're landing on your feet.

My garden needs digging over, so maybe I should pay myself for doing it! :j

It's very kind of you though to say I can paint the fence for £2 too, what a lovely person you are ;)
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,192 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Despite the joking I do think it is a valid point that none of us should devalue ourselves, the less we think we are worth the less these companies will pay us. Have we really got to the stage where people are willing to work for less than £1 an hour?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    soolin wrote: »
    Despite the joking I do think it is a valid point that none of us should devalue ourselves, the less we think we are worth the less these companies will pay us. Have we really got to the stage where people are willing to work for less than £1 an hour?

These survey sites enable people to take a survey here and there and maybe make a few pounds in the process. They're especially good for stay at home parents and people out of work, but I agree that companies take advantage of this.

I finally received a reply from Crowdology to say there are various reasons why this would happen - racing through the survey, not giving complete answers - but I always make sure I take enough time completing them & give complete answers and there was no reason I shouldn't have been credited. It's laughable really, just 35p, but it's the principal. They have my answers and no payout.
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • If you're willing to work for 70p/hour you can find others willing to employ you. You can come and dig my garden over for £2/hour if you like!
    What a stupid thing to say! We all know survey sites pay peanuts. What was your point? Have you got anything to contribute?
  • littlewren wrote: »
    I have been with Crowdology for quite a while with no problems, but then a couple of months ago I completed a long survey - it took me around half an hour - and got to the very end, submitted it, was thanked, and then on the next page Crowdology told me I wasn't eligible! I e-mailed Crowdology with the link for the survey and asked if they could look into it and credit my account with the points. Nothing.

Then today, I completed another fairly long survey, which was to pay the paltry sum of 35p, got to the end, submitted it and was thanked, only to receive the same message again from Crowdology saying I wasn't eligible! I've e-mailed them again (but I'm not holding my breath). It may only be 35p but there's a principle at stake here when it keeps happening.

I can't believe how some of these survey sites get away with this. There are some sites that are absolutely great, no problems, or if you have a problem with not receiving points they will add them for you. But Crowdology are getting worse. Since e-mailing them, I've decided I am now going to knock it on the head with them, it's not worth the hassle. :mad:
    Crowdology is rubbish. Just give up and move on.

Swagbucks, Prizerebel, Globaltestmarket. Only those 3 should give you at least £50 a month.
  • bettyboo71
    bettyboo71 Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    I agree that they have gotten much worse recently. I regularly spend several minutes doing surveys before it decides to screen me out. I have recently given up on a few of the sites, and I think they might be next.
    As for the other comments, I don't do any survey that pays less than what works out at around £3 per hour. I know that it sounds like a very low amount, but I am realistic. PopulusLive is one of my favourites. I'm expecting another £50 cheque from them any day now, and am already up to £15 again.
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Having the same problem with inbox pounds just now don't do many surveys but it's annoying when you spend 20 minutes and get to the end of the survey just to be told you didn't qualify.
  • soolin wrote: »

The most obvious way to earn extra money is either by doing overtime or doing a second job.

Unfortunately my contract says I'm not allowed to take a second job and overtime doesn't exist where I work, you get paid the same regardless of the number of hours you work.

I suspect many people who do surveys are in the same boat and need extra money, and the survey companies know this.

I generally try to avoid long surveys though, because of the boredom factor and its a lot of time you risk wasting if you end up being screened out.
  • bettyboo71
    bettyboo71 Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Has anyone else had problems logging in to the site? I had to say I had forgotten my password but even the new password they sent wasn't accepted. I emailed them and got a reply which said it might be my cookies - although it didn't tell me what to do about that - or that it might be my browser, but I am using windows 10 so it is certainly not out of date. It is 12 days since I sent a second email in response to theirs, and they have not replied.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure