Crowdology

Comments

• Hello

When I last redeemed from Crowdology, they had a Paypal option. The min payout was only £4.

I went to redeem today as I have over £5 in my balance and the Paypal option has disappeared and been replaced with a £10 min payout for Amazon instead.

I looked in their FAQ but it's still showing they pay out via Paypal.

Can anyone else see the Paypal redemption in their account?
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    They do, you just need to go to "update profile" and update it there.
    ally.
  • Thanks for your reply. I did that. No idea why it had changed to Amazon as it was on Paypal unless they changed it for some reason
  • asajj
    It is probably they want people to use Amazon now as it takes 4 weeks for them to send it!
    ally.
  • I'm two months in Crowdology and have made only £4!
  • asajj
    A bit hit and miss I guess. I have made around £12 over the last 2 months and before that it was very slow. I think it was quiet after Christmas / New Year and slowly picking up.
    Same for Populus.
    ally.
  • I've just requested a cash out from Crowdology of £6 to Paypal and I have received it immediately. However they have charged me 2%, so it's only £5.88. So they are passing the Paypal commission onto the panel member.

It's not a very good earner but it pays immediately.
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I have been with Crowdology for quite a while with no problems, but then a couple of months ago I completed a long survey - it took me around half an hour - and got to the very end, submitted it, was thanked, and then on the next page Crowdology told me I wasn't eligible! I e-mailed Crowdology with the link for the survey and asked if they could look into it and credit my account with the points. Nothing.

Then today, I completed another fairly long survey, which was to pay the paltry sum of 35p, got to the end, submitted it and was thanked, only to receive the same message again from Crowdology saying I wasn't eligible! I've e-mailed them again (but I'm not holding my breath). It may only be 35p but there's a principle at stake here when it keeps happening.

I can't believe how some of these survey sites get away with this. There are some sites that are absolutely great, no problems, or if you have a problem with not receiving points they will add them for you. But Crowdology are getting worse. Since e-mailing them, I've decided I am now going to knock it on the head with them, it's not worth the hassle. :mad:
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    If you're willing to work for 70p/hour you can find others willing to employ you. You can come and dig my garden over for £2/hour if you like!
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    If you're willing to work for 70p/hour you can find others willing to employ you. You can come and dig my garden over for £2/hour if you like!

This latest one didn't take half an hour, even though it was fairly long, so I would have made a bit over 70p per hour lol

Loads of people do these surveys, it's a great way (usually) of making a little bit of money, but when these companies take the wotsit it's appalling.
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure