Creditfix IVA closure

I entered into an IVA with Knightsbridge at the beginning of 2014, i was moved over to Creditfix a couple of years ago, it has never been easy dealing with them.

I was approaching 5 years and contacted Creditfix to see what was remaining as I calculated I had paid about £5k over the original debt so imagined if I hadn't covered my debt and their fees i wouldn't be far off. I struggled to get any answers out of them, getting mixed information saying I had 3 payments remaining and would be paid up, others not saying what was left but that i hadn't replied to their letters about equity (which I have never received). Any promised call backs after they had 'looked into my account' never happened.

I eventually managed to speak to someone on Friday who looked into this for me and congratulated me after being on hold for some time saying I was done, I had actually over paid the 100 pence in the pound including fees and there was also £600 in credit from a windfall payment I had made earlier this year which for some reason he couldn't say why) was not used in the IVA.
He told me I would be due a refund of the credit plus any over payments and he was passing my account over to the closure department. He couldn't say what was owed to me in total as closures would calculate that. No further payments would be taken.

I was obviously very happy. I will soon be IVA free, a refund of that £600 plus whatever monthly payments of £380 I get back will be really useful right now with a baby on the way.

I called them today just to make sure it was with closures and to see if I had to do anything to make sure no payments would be taken.
I spoke to a member of the closures department who said they had to contact all creditors as it wasn't clear if I had paid in full or not, and then determine if the IVA was closed. He wasn't sure what happens with over payments or the credit they are holding. I was told I would be contacted tomorrow (which I highly doubt).

Every time I speak to them I get different information conflicting what they've previously told me.

I'm trying to stay optimistic that it's done and it's all just usual process now.

Anyone who was with Creditfix, how long did it take for them to get a completion certificate and if any, a refund to you?

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,380
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    I am afraid that you are going to have to (a) nag and (b) complain

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insolvency-practitioner
  • PrettyKittyKat
    PrettyKittyKat Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    I suspect they are probably still awaiting proof of debts from creditors to confirm the balance you provide when the IVA was proposed is accurate. If they claim higher than potentially you have not paid 100p in the £ yet, or your refund would not be as large.

I agree with fatbelly tips. Nag then and complain. I would ask for confirmation of whether all proof of debts have been received from all creditors, and query what is preventing the IVA from closing and the refund being issued.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure