Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thriftlady
    • By thriftlady 20th Aug 07, 8:02 PM
    • 9,089Posts
    • 28,909Thanks
    thriftlady
    Five OS Pleasures in your day today
    • 20th Aug 07, 8:02 PM
    Five OS Pleasures in your day today 20th Aug 07 at 8:02 PM
    1) Seeing all my homemade preserves lined up on their shelf in the garage. They look as good as a stained glass window.

2) The smell of my laundry as I took it off the line, best smell in the world.

3) Taking a batch of muffins out of the oven.

4) Coming back from Tesco without any extras even though the kids were with me.

5) The appreciative words of thanks from my family as they finished their evening meal.

So come on, what are yours ?

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Rose; 24-02-2009 at 8:56 PM.
Page 223
  • Olliebeak
    Ev'ning all - another fairly mild day again today . Needed the fleecey blanket around 7.30 tonight for about an hour, but feeling ok again now.

Thank you all for your kind words regarding DD - it IS worrying for us, especially as she has moved further away - 4 miles instead of half a mile. Fortunately, dgs1 is due to start his new school on Monday, so maybe things will improve a little once he's out all day and she only has dgd2 to deal with during the daytime.

I'd love to take the credit for the beautiful christening cake - but definitely NOT my handiwork. My baking is quite good but nowhere near that standard . But DS2 and I were very proud of that buffet table .

Broomstick - well done on getting the washing done and dried in the sunshine .
    alisong - sounds like you and your family are enjoying the half-term break . Don't worry about not posting every day - life needs to get in the way sometimes .
    bunnytoo - hope you managed to run past the shops en route for the library .
    flaire - well done to the Economy 7 pixies . Don't worry about feeding extra people at Christmas - I'm sure they're coming for your company as much as anything else - not just a feed . Try to relax, enjoy your visitors and the day .
    Louba - great news on OH car sharing for work . Good luck on the presentation for work.
    angeltreats - welcome to the thread . Well done on your sock knitting and apple-pie baking .
    billy858 - thanks for that .
    grandmasam - aww what a morning for you. loving the sound of 'teddy the lurcher' - real 'lollopy' dogs they are . Good news on the apology too .
    Caterina - sorry to hear that work has got so bad that you're ready to leave - such a shame. Well done on the sourdough bread .
    jc2703 - well done on the mystery shopping - don't forget the raincoat, dark glasses and trilby . I've done a couple but never seem to open the emails on time to get any these days.
    SunnyGirl - I do hope that all goes well for you MIL - it must be a really worrying time for your OH, but it's good that she can still give you all a laugh occasionally . Maintaining a sense of humour is very difficult BUT ESSENTIAL when dealing with dementia/alzheimers.
    ACEY - Wow what a full day! Lol at the pigs - fabulous creatures .
    zarazara - going off for a quick peep at that thread now .
    Patchwork - at 'having all your chicks under your roof' for the evening - what a lovely image that conjures up . I'm sure that God wouldn't have minded about the prayer for your car - after all it worked .

1. Fell asleep on the sofa last night and woke up around 4.00am with a stiff neck - OH not best pleased . Not sure why he was complaining - he normally moans about me keeping him awake with snoring .
    2. Lovely porridge (made with water) with a light sprinkling of brown sugar on for brekkie this morning.
    3. Spoke to DD this morning and she'd had a good night's sleep BUT dgd2 was sick after we left last night - she'd had some noodles from the local chinese chippy :confused:. Definitely crossed off our list now.
    4. Busy morning in work with more c/h timers to be adjusted - happens every year and they are still surprised about the heating being out of synch after altering the clocks !
    5. Toasted cheese sandwich for lunch (done in one of those sandwich toaster bags from B&M) - very yummy.
    6. Jacket potato with (whoopsied) prawns in mayo for evening meal.
    7. Have taken pork chops (SmartPrice) out of the freezer for tomorrow evening's meal. Will have with mash, carrots, swede and apple sauce.
    8. Ready for an early night right now - better not get too settled on that flipping sofa again tonight .

Hope we all have a good night's sleep and have lots of energy for os-ing tomorrow - nitey nite all - love Ollie xxx
    Last edited by Olliebeak; 27-10-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    • Broomstick
    • By Broomstick 27th Oct 09, 10:52 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 16,570 Thanks
    Broomstick
    Zarazara, thanks for the reminder about the decluttering thread - made me smile too. I've decided to start posting there since I need to get back on the decluttering bandwagon again.

Anyway, my five pleasures for today:

1. On his request, proofreading some work DS1 had to send off to be marked and realising that there was very little that needed to be tweaked. He's writing really well.

2. Secretly getting a few more little stocking-type Christmas prezzies when I was in town.

3. Getting the picture frame full of photos finished. It looks fabulous.

4. Tearing up big cardboard boxes to fit in the recycling box for collection - very therapeutic! :rolleyes: Recycling huge boxes wasn't a problem at our old house, but the new council will only take things which actually fit into a recycling box with its lid on.

5. Bit more washing done and partly dried. Met Office forecast looks as if we should get it dry tomorrow.

Off to make my hottie. Sweet dreams xxx
  • bunny too
    Morning to everyone, my 5 today are

1. Made fab lentil pate from 50p a day forum, having it for lunch. Going to try to have 2 veggie days a week in my meal plan.

2. Wash car.

3. Go to mr t's shopping with my list, and stick to it.

4. Shop around for cheapest flights to London, trip with son next month.

5. Make some hm biscuits, have some new recipes to try.

Have a great os day everyone
    • thriftlady
    • By thriftlady 28th Oct 09, 8:18 AM
    • 9,089 Posts
    • 28,909 Thanks
    thriftlady
    New thread
    I've been asked to start a new thread as this one has reached 4500 posts.

Yes, I realise now that it hasn't quite got there yet Counting was never my strong point

But hey ho, it's a pretty long thread and the new one is up and running, so if you could stop posting on this one and post on the

New Thread Here

That'd be great
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,055Posts Today

6,104Users online

Martin's Twitter