Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Well, dd and I slept well, but I don't think dh did. Although he slept tons better than he would have in a hospital bed...

He insisted on getting the bus for his appointment today, so I just walked him to the bus stop and saw he had a seat.

Yesterday I wrote:
    Tomorrow:
    - school run :T
    - library books :T
    - check out weightrose for gf pizza bases NOPE - forgot the coupon and wasn't in the mood to drive further.
    - aldee :TI had the car so bought big things (10k potatoes, 2x 4 pints of milk...and it was still under £55)
    - cull emails :eek: Too overwhelming
    - secret knitting
    - hyacinths - haven't looked at them since I planted them - oopsie. :T They all have a little tip poking out. Must check if that is where they should be at this stage, as we still have a while until Cmas...
    - collect dh from the hospital :D No need, unless he flags this afternoon
    - bunnies?
    - grey fabric search? :T Took another bag to the Sally Army, found some fabric in another ch shop for £1.

500 kettlebell swings have been swung, the washing up has been washed up, the washing washed and hung up, lunch has been munched and mse has been mooched. Best get on with the bunnies....
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Uh oh. One of the toys I put in the bag for the Sally Army was one where I'd agreed that dd could give it to a friend. And then I forgot I'd said that and put it in the bag. Oops.

So, before going to dance tomorrow, we shall have to pop there and ask very nicely if we can have/buy it back...
  • So glad to hear Mr Apple's op went well :T

Do let us know how you fare with the toy retrieval :eek:
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • apple_muncher
    We all slept till past 8 - much needed. And ... We got back the toy! It was all tagged up and ready to be put out...crisis averted.

Dd did her Santa list yesterday - she only has about 6 items on it: clothes for her china dolls, Christmas marshmallows, a book, an old-fashioned teddy, a craft kit and a dressing gown.

Dss has just been to pick up their post and the bike, so we have more space - and we got our key back :D

Dd has a dance presentation this afternoon - 2 hours of it. Dh was planning to come but after making us mackerel on toast, he is all worn out! When he's jsut been sitting around, he feels fine, but any moving results in discomfort and exhaustion.
  • apple_muncher
    Very saddened by the news in Paris. I usually avoid most of the news as I I fnd it can drag me down for a long time. Yet I simply had to find out more - even if for no other reason than that my A level students will/may be expected to talk / mention it in their oral. Along with Charlie Hebdo.

In other news, dh is supposed to be doing the PA at church tomorrow :eek:. He is the one who does the rota, though, so we can safely 'apportion' blame in the right place! However, he is already extremely tired from staying inside all day today, mostly in bed or sedentary. Doing the PA involves running around like a loon, lots of bending down (verboten for a week at least) to plug/unplug cables... I have asked him to send an email to ask others to step in, and although we do not think that anybody can, at least those who need to know should now know, including the worship leader, preacher, elders.

Dd and I shall accompany him - ie take him in the car - tomorrow and do as much as we mere PA-ignorant-mortals can.

Dd and I had a lovely time in c0sta where they couldn't have done more to check the hot choc ingredients (a definite may contain, so off the allowed list) and then offer a hot milk with a chocolate star on top and marshmallows. And I think I got it for only 55p! We then raided the library - 9 books for dd. The 'not buying books from the charity shops in November' rule is working. Then on to her dance presentation - it was lovely to see the different dances and age ranges - and she got her certificate and it finished early. Result. (But cost me £5 to go to.)

My mse habits meant I bought dd more gf yorkshires for £2 using a £2 off voucher and I got another 100 nectar points. :T
  • apple_muncher
    Dh survived church but has been sitting in bed since lunch! I am very grateful to the guys who stepped in to help him, so that he could sit down a lot. Dd had a great time at kids klub. And we were home and eating lunch soon after 1pm - about an hour earlier than usual.

I have realised that with dh being off work this week, it should mean that I do not have to get dd up and ready at silly-o'clock in the morning. And he can collect her from school too. Nice :D.

For once I do not really feel like making any bunnies, but the fair is in 13 days... and I do only need to have completed 4 by then, so not much.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi apple, do you ever stop. You fit so much in! Hope DH recovering well.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • apple_muncher
    Thank CathT! I guess I simply make it sound like a lot...

Dh is recovering, thanks. It was good yesterday because the wife of the guy who came along to help dh with the PA used to work in theatre, specifically in eye op theatres, and was 'sorting out' dh for me. He now says he will take the full 2 weeks off. Phew.

And today is my first day of morning freedom this week. I had thought I'd fit in some kettlebells (although I'm on 50%, I did start the month with a 9% headstart, so need to keep focussed on it), but coffee and mse seemed more fitted to my mood...!
  • apple_muncher
    Hmm, morning freedom got eaten into as dd had a bad dream re the girl who is mean to her and woke in floods of tears. The day did seem to go ok for her, but I'm sure it will return at bedtime.

Spent the day doing a lot of paperwork in all my breaks and free time, only to get home to find out that the event may not happen as the powers that be seem to have made a decision. Humph.

So I then did 500 kettlebell swings and got all sweaty. Tea is leftover baked tato and chili with fresh broccoli and cheese.
  • apple_muncher
    Another morning mooching on here rather than swinging my kettlebell...

And a day where I do not have to be continually chasing up the missing paperwork for the now cancelled activity I was running. Ooh, maybe I can get some marking done... or get another coffee down my neck... Anyhow, it should be a day for getting on top of the things I have been putting off.

-Must send list to certain person.
    -Must ask who is contacting travel company for cancelled thingy.
    -Must mark
    -Must cull/file emails
    -Must plan next few weeks and get photocopying done

And now I must go and get my brekkie!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback