IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

McDonald's sign photo

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Have you been back to the McDonald’s where you got the ticket to ask again as suggested.

As most ( maybe all) McDonald’s are franchises it would be good to find out who the franchisee is and complain to them
  • mentalmumof4
    mentalmumof4 Posts: 19 Forumite
    I haven't been back again to that McDonald's but am planning on going within the next few days.
    I've phoned and emailed customer services on a number of occasions and have managed to annoy them enough to get it escalated up to head office.
    They have told me they will investigate and get back to me in the next few days.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I haven't been back again to that McDonald's but am planning on going within the next few days.
    I've phoned and emailed customer services on a number of occasions and have managed to annoy them enough to get it escalated up to head office.
    They have told me they will investigate and get back to me in the next few days.

The problem McDonald's have is total disrespect for
    customers.
    They can cancel it ?

If they don't, then it is your chance to warn others
    on social media about this outlet
  • mentalmumof4
    Yes I will certainly put it on social media for all to see!
  • interstellaflyer
    interstellaflyer Posts: 2,053 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    beamerguy wrote: »
    The problem McDonald's have is total disrespect for
    customers.
    They can cancel it ?

The OP hasn't explained why whoever he/she is representing stayed at McDonalds for 1 min short of 3 hours, 90 mins McDonalds allow and 89 mins overstay, I'm not defending the parking cowboys but why should the manager be in any way sympathetic if there was no valid reason other than 3 hrs free parking?
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 July 2018 at 10:08AM
    The OP hasn't explained why whoever he/she is representing stayed at McDonalds for 1 min short of 3 hours, 90 mins McDonalds allow and 89 mins overstay, I'm not defending the parking cowboys but why should the manager be in any way sympathetic if there was no valid reason other than 3 hrs free parking?

There has been a fair few problems about McDonald's and
    parking.

More the question must be, why they employ cowboys.
    Like many companies they blame abuse ?
    There will always some abuse but that is small and no doubt
    the cowboys sell this factor to the retailer.
    Bit like a double glazing salesperson selling you something
    you don't need

McDonald's using parking cowboys could well mean that
    a burger could be the most expensive in the UK

Mums arrange parties at McD and with all those kids
    time flys by ....... McD's have not got good customer
    service worked out yet
  • mentalmumof4
    The reason for the driver overstaying was genuine human error. They believed that you mearly had to be a McDonald's customer - Which they were - but then didnt move the car nearer to one of the shops to visit some of the other places in the same retail park.
    They have done this many times before and never received a PCN and the signage is not that obvious so it has never been noticed.
    The parking all over the retail park is free so it wasn't for that purpose.
  • mentalmumof4
    I have had this email from McDonald's head office this morning:

"As a company, putting in place enforcement within our car parks is only done after careful consideration and very much as a last resort. Primarily, we use parking measures to ensure there are spaces available for our customers!!!8217; vehicles, as well as to deter unwarranted or unreasonably prolonged usage of the facility.

We can confirm this parking area is managed by an independent company who are responsible for monitoring the car park and taking details of registration numbers. The regulations and signs at the restaurant state the policy and the relevant charges.

We trust you will appreciate that in order to maintain a consistent approach; we have to adhere to the guidelines in place. As such, in a situation such as a clear contravention of parking regulations, we are unable to deal with any specifics or cases on an individual basis. Suffice to say, if a customer contravenes the clearly displayed parking regulations, they will receive a ticket.! At this point, it may be best to contact the parking company directly to lodge an appeal.!!

Thank you for contacting us and again for the opportunity to comment, and I am sorry we are not in a position to assist in this instance."

So now I will continue with my popla appeal and also try to speak to a Manager at the restaurant again.
    I will also post on social media for good measure.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 July 2018 at 5:03PM
    Suffice to say, if a customer contravenes the clearly displayed parking regulations, they will receive a ticket.
    I'd be tempted to respond by saying
    'Suffice to say, if a customer cannot be helped by your company, with which we have spent thousands of pounds, you will not be surprised to learn that you will receive no further income from us. Suffice to say that my family and I will be following a much healthier diet in future!

So by backing your parking company over a £100 'fine', you have just cost your company thousands of pounds.'
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • mentalmumof4
    Well worded - we can save £'s and lose lbs!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure