Jolly June's NSD Challange!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,290 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Missymae0 wrote: »
    I would like to join this challenge please? I always miss the start of the month and think I'll start next month, this time I've finally caught it.

I'm aiming for 10 NSD's. My rules are really simple no allowances so I need to plan ahead- if I allow groceries I will just pop in every day and count it as a NSD

Welcome to our lovely thread :)

What i do for food is allow a weekly amount.
    If I go over that then it is not a NSD.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Charleyalmostking
    Options
    Today is a no spend day ,
    I brought some koppenburgs, i need it!

I was meant to start at 12:30pm but came in at 9.40am to get my key children's leaning journals done .
    And stayed on until 7pm instead of 6.30pm. and said i'd do all day on monday instead of a half day ... as I have thursday and friday off anyway (holiday, I have a dental appointment & just a free/chill day)
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • beanielou
    Options
    NSD no 2 yesterday.
    NSD no 3 today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    (This is a cross post)
    Today was an NSD! Yay. I was frustrated though as was meant to have a visit from the crisis team and they never showed due to an emergency. I am thankful I wasn't said emergency though.
    Have decided to experiment with my budget and split any money left after paying bills into 4. I find since I switched to UC that I am stressing a bit more because money has to last longer. I have three main bills one that should have been paid off already. I am going to clear the rest off on my next payment day which is the 21st. I have £80 to last until then. However, a fully stocked freezer. So I am not concerned. I am due to see my mental health worker on Wednesday so will discuss the plan with her.

Ideally I would like Wednesday to be my next spend day but I will see.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • beanielou
    Options
    (This is a cross post)
    Today was an NSD! Yay. I was frustrated though as was meant to have a visit from the crisis team and they never showed due to an emergency. I am thankful I wasn't said emergency though.
    Have decided to experiment with my budget and split any money left after paying bills into 4. I find since I switched to UC that I am stressing a bit more because money has to last longer. I have three main bills one that should have been paid off already. I am going to clear the rest off on my next payment day which is the 21st. I have £80 to last until then. However, a fully stocked freezer. So I am not concerned. I am due to see my mental health worker on Wednesday so will discuss the plan with her.

Ideally I would like Wednesday to be my next spend day but I will see.

I think it is a great idea to split your money that is left into 4.
    Then you will know how much you have left & you hopefully will feel less anxious.
    Budgeting is hard.

• indigowarrior
    Options
    Its my second biggest worry at the moment. I was shocked at how much I have left over if I stuck to it.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Its my second biggest worry at the moment. I was shocked at how much I have left over if I stuck to it.

Anything else we can help you with?
    I worry about everything:o

• indigowarrior
    Options
    I have final contact in 11 days. Means until my daughters are older I wont see them again. Unfortunately for me its for the best. :(
  • beanielou
    Options
    I have final contact in 11 days. Means until my daughters are older I wont see them again. Unfortunately for me its for the best. :(

Sorry to hear that.
    Take care of you.

• spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will join again please.

Managed 8 last month so will try for 9 this month.

Exemptions are for: ys bargains, medicines, nappies, wetwipes, baby milk etc or anything that gets reimbursed through my work expenses.

Kicking off with my first NSD today so 1/9
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure