A whole new world, for now

Comments

• Oh I have the dentist on Friday too.

Not anything needing done I don't think but had a wee ulcer on my gum so might be an underlying issue so we will see.

That tenner is better off in your pocket though!

Dxxx
  • So, yesterday was a visit to the dentist. Thank whoever for the nhs. Total cost for repair was £13.66 and they waived the 6p. I've also made a June appointment for a routine check up. Got a prescription filled and the box dropped off to go to ziffit. I have also been engaged with hmrc over a mistake they made for the past month. Yesterday they advised that they will be giving me an ex gratia payment. Might only be £10 but it will probably be the closest I get to a tax rebate, ever. It just all takes so much time. Today I WILL get my home office sorted. I will figure out what to wear tomorrow to meet possible clients that will survive a trip to dublin. It's weird. When I was working, I had my uniform of suits. Now, I'm at a bit of a loss. Last night, we had a cheap chicken to cook up and attempted a chicken fried rice fakeaway. What resulted was not great at all and I'd invested £2 in a pot of sauce paste that fell a bit flat. I did however get rid of a bag of stuff, books, etc. to a friend so another space has been freed up. Still nothing bar an email acknowledgement from the business start up people. I know they have missed their response target and I know that they get central government funding for this. If I don't get anything by close of play tomorrow, a complaint goes in on Monday.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Today I got knocked back from one of my submissions. Apparently, I missed the mark in five out of five areas. Hid under the duvet for the rest of the day. Panic starting to hit hard.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    When you gain some strength might you get some further feedback or do you know why you missed the mark in the areas you did? Use the information for next time. It is bound to take some time to find your next stage but you will get there INOD.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Thanks DIA, I've emailed for feedback. Like I mentioned, I have an inner verruca salt. When I want something, I want it now!
    Today I am grateful for
    My family inc the dog
    An omelette
    An NSD
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I hope you get some constructive feedback. There's an art to writing these things and it isn't necessarily sensible or logical. Much sympathy from me.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • Got a response re feedback. They won't provide anything more but I can appeal. So much for transparency and accountability, it's a public sector post. I'm thinking of making a data protection request.
    And now for the good news, I have gotten my first piece of work from an ex client. Am so incredibly relieved. I will get my stake money back from the business. Even if I get nothing else, the only loss has been potential wages so all is good. There is also the prospect of another piece of work later in the year.
    DS is home this weekend with a friend. They have just been through their second consecutive party night, the first was in dublin and are both shattered. Not sure what the plans are for today but expect it'll be this afternoon before either one surfaces.
    MSE news, I finally bought the new toilet brush, it was reduced. Yay
    I shopped at m&s yesterday where using my sb £5 voucher, buying whoopsied and taking advantage of the 2 dine ins, I got £65 worth for £29.
    I then went to local supermarket and used my £5 off a £25 spend while getting two half price laundry detergents.
    A visitor arriving with DS yesterday also upped the cleaning gears so it's all good.
    Today I'm not sure what's happening so will be flexible as possible.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great news on work & the bargains.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well done on getting you our piece of work. I'm sure it will be the first of many.

Enjoy your day today.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    You are getting your mojo back. Go INOD, go INOD...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family