Scotland AIB Adopting the Standard Financial Statement instead of the Common Financial Tool

Scotland AIB Adopting the Standard Financial Statement instead of the Common Financial Tool

Hi All, as the title says the Scottish Account in Bankruptcy will be adopting the Standard Financial Statement from the 1st October 2018 instead of the Common Financial Tool.

How does this affect the different allowances. Previously I read the Standard Financial statement allowances were not as generous but I believe this may have changed? Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.

Comments

• debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi John,

In my view (and bear in mind both sets of allowances are resting on my chair arm at the moment!) The CFS still remains more generous regards the various allowances.
    However, as you suggest, the SFS allowances have improved, but not to the CFS standard.

The bottom line is that the CFS is being phased out entirely so there will only be the SFS.

The categories are different to each other and some CFS categories do not feature at all in the SFS.
    Motoring costs in the SFS have moved in to fixed costs for instance.

As neither the SFS or the CFS trigger figures can be released to the public, you will have to be guided by the debt adviser who can't tell you what the are but must make sure that you have a reasonable budget that doesn't cause hardship.

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • Hi DD,

Thanks for getting back to me with the above, it's appreciated.

Cheers,

John
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family