how to fill in form if I don't have paperwork

Hi,

I've ignored the PPI stuff because I didn't think I would be entitled, having not had anything for over 7 years. However, I keep seeing things saying you can do this with older stuff.

I had several credit cards, and loans with Lloyds who have been my bank for about 20 years. I know that I will have had PPI at least once in the past, but don't remember specifically when. I also had a loan with Egg, and a Barclaycard for quite a long time. I have no idea if they actually had PPI on, but I'm assuming that if people are missold they wouldn't remember? I had a paperwork purge about 2 years ago so all the paperwork is long gone,

Anyhow, I decided to start with Lloyds since they have been my consistent provider, and furnished them with all my addresses since adulthood :D

They have sent me today two almost identical letters with forms, one with 10 card numbers listed, and the other with 5 loan account numbers. The forms attached are asking for lots of details about when where how the PPI was sold and also details about employment etc. but I'm not certain about which card number relates to PPI and which dates it was, so I really don't know where to begin.

I'm worried about phoning/writing to them to ask in case it jeopardises the claim by alerting them that I don't remember but equally, I'm pretty sure not knowing about the PPI is a reason to claim?

Can anyone advise/enlighten me? Also any advise on how to avoid this problem with Egg/barclaycard would be much appreciated!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Contact them.

It doesn't jeopardise anything. The complaints process doesn't work like that.
  • nublue
    nublue Posts: 241 Forumite
    Thank you zx81 :)
  • magicman62
    magicman62 Posts: 77
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 April 2018 at 6:05PM
    I was in the same situation as you didn't know or couldn't remember. I ignored the whole PPI culture until I saw an advert online from a company. They claimed a no win no fee at a 10% commision ..all you do is tick the cards or banks you have ever used, everything was done online except signing and posting the paperwork which was sent to me ...so far I have received nearly £2000 I never knew was owed ... well worth the 10% charge ..and no worrying
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    magicman62 wrote: »
    I was in the same situation as you didn't know or couldn't remember. I ignored the whole PPI culture until I saw an advert online from a company. They claimed a no win no fee at a 10% commision ..all you do is tick the cards or banks you have ever used, everything was done online except signing and posting the paperwork which was sent to me ...so far I have received nearly £2000 I never knew was owed ... well worth the 10% charge ..and no worrying

And you could have done that directly with each lender and got £200 more.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure