Resolver question

Options
Hi, sorry if wrong place to post. I have a quick question regarding the resolver tool as I used the tool way back in October I think and have had no contact from my bank (Co-Op). Resolver have now informed me that I can escalate my case. My question is, should I have used the resolver tool and then sent the completed forms to the bank myself or does resolver contact the bank on my behalf via the resolver tool? Hope that's clear and thanks in advance, D.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just send your complaint direct to the financial institution you wish to complain to. Why involve any third party (even a "free" one)?

Resolver is just an E-Mail template, it does not somehow subsequently chase your errant complaint on your behalf.

You can "escalate" your complaint to the Ombudsman, but there seems little point if your original complaint has not even received.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,503 Forumite
    Options
    They probably never received the complaint. Resolver is a bit hit and miss.
    Complain directly to your bank
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • deaster
    Options
    Just an update to this post, I received an email from Resolver that explains why I was having issues:

"You recently opened a case file with Co-op using Resolver. We recently discovered that a number of emails sent to Co-op were not delivered.
    You are being contacted as this applies to your case. We have been working closely with Co-op to re-send the communications, which I am happy to report have now been delivered and received. You may experience a slight delay in your case but hopefully things will be back on track now!
  • Partridge89
    Options
    Presumably Resolver now expect you to say “oh, that’s alright then.” How can they say they expect only a slight delay when the lender has 8 weeks to deal with the complaint from when they receive it, which by the sound of it was very recently?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Options
    Presumably Resolver now expect you to say !!!8220;oh, that!!!8217;s alright then.!!!8221;
    Resolver is just a free E-Mail template, so what else would users say?

Resolver will obviously accept no liability for any delay and why should they? It's a free "service":eek:

As already advised, avoid any third party involvement in PPI complaints, even the free ones..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure