SDP Insurance for a Van (i.e. not commercial)?

Hi,

I've had a Vauxhall Vivaro Van as my primary mode of transport for about 3 years now. I only have the van as I race motorbikes and need it for the transport etc. It is registered to me and has no ties to any business. However, I've always had to pay for commercial van insurance as I'm yet to find an insurance provider that would insure it under the same circumstances and use as if it were a normal car.

Does anyone know of any providers and/or any way I could insure it under a normal SDP (inc Com) policy instead of commercial insurance? I assume the SDP would be cheaper and would provide me with a more accurate level of cover than the commercial.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Admiral van insurance (not a recommendation but an online insurer I know does what you want)

Also try a local broker (not Swinton)
  • Duke_848 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had a Vauxhall Vivaro Van as my primary mode of transport for about 3 years now. I only have the van as I race motorbikes and need it for the transport etc. It is registered to me and has no ties to any business. However, I've always had to pay for commercial van insurance as I'm yet to find an insurance provider that would insure it under the same circumstances and use as if it were a normal car.

Does anyone know of any providers and/or any way I could insure it under a normal SDP (inc Com) policy instead of commercial insurance? I assume the SDP would be cheaper and would provide me with a more accurate level of cover than the commercial.

Thanks for any help!

carraige of own goods (you need to say exactly that) fully comp my viv is £200 with the wife as named driver just be aware that the ncb build up as comercial so cant generally be used for private cars later im with aviva if it helps
    in for a penny
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You race motorbikes, i assume there is a prize for winning?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure