LISA Limit Reached

Hi folks,

Opened my LISA (Hargreaves Lansdown) earlier this year and I'm now about to reach my £4k Limit for the year (+ Transfered my H2B balance across).

How do I go about about utilising my remaining £16k? Do I need to open another stocks and shares ISA with HL, or can I continue paying into my LISA except I obviously won't receive any further bonus.

Cheers,

Comments

• Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DB1234 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Opened my LISA (Hargreaves Lansdown) earlier this year and I'm now about to reach my £4k Limit for the year (+ Transfered my H2B balance across).

How do I go about about utilising my remaining £16k? Do I need to open another stocks and shares ISA with HL, or can I continue paying into my LISA except I obviously won't receive any further bonus.

Cheers,

You can't pay any more than £4k a year into the LISA.

You can use either cash ISA, stocks and shares ISA or innovative finance ISA for up to another £16k.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Also if you want to put up to 16k in a s&s isa it doesn't have to be with the same provider so you could consider AJ Bell for a cheaper DIY or Vanguard or M&G for a cheaper direct fund manager isa.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure