* Walking in a Winter Wonderland * - It's the 2015 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• I remember last year the tubs were 2 for £6 in tesco in around September or October, but must gave only been for a few days because I remember buying 2 for the house & then went back a few days later to get some for work & they had gone up to £5 each then.

I am going to keep an eye on them, I don't want to buy them too early because we end up opening them too soon & then have to buy another one in December but then I don't want to pay too much for them. I think I'll have to buy them & hide them somewhere until the beginning of December.

We don't have a Works store by us anymore. There used to be one in the closest city centre to me but they've had massive redevelopments over the last 5 years or so, which means a lot of the shops either relocated or just completely closed down. I did like The Works as I always managed to find a few good bargains in there. I'll have to see if there's a shop in another town within a reasonable distance.

I love listening to Christmas music but have always had a rule that I can't listen to any until at least 1st November, but if you're all listening to them then maybe I can bend the rules a bit. Maybe I'll just listen to a few on my iPod on my way into work or something.

Princesskitty - thank you, I've been trying to think of something else to put in my sisters Christmas hampers & didn't think of a diary so I'm going to have a look for some now.
  • Evening everyone, in case anyone fancies it here is a link i saw on my emails today for a mincemeat recipe, i always make my own with cointreau but ran out last year and havent replaced it, this one is made with Cherry Brandy which i have a great big bottle of, so i am going to try it : http://www.recipesfromanormalmum.com/2011/09/19/drunken-cherry-brandy-mincemeat-2/

MONEYMISSION yep i totally agree it really annoys me when they say someone is overweight and there is nothing of them, the girls on tv now are so so skinny its unreal!

PRINCESSKITTY ooh what a fab idea i never thought of christmas jimjams for Thumper, thankyou! They will look so cute wont they :rotfl::rotfl:

OMO i have just stopped myself from buying those dinosaurs :D i really really want Thumper to like dinosaurs haha but he is too young for now...... oh but they are such a good price!!!!!

HARIBO ooh thankyou for that, DD1 is mad on The Walking Dead i could get her a t shirt for her stocking for wearing to bed

MRSMONEYPENNY haha i love your DS comment :rotfl:

KAYA thanks for the amazon tip will have a mooch later

MONEYMISSION yes our one closed down too, luckily i live right in the middle of two big town centres and the other one still has a The Works for how long though i dont know!
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Morning all
    Hope everyone is well
    Just read the weather in the morning paper it said once we get over this rain the frosts will arrive. Think we can safely say summer is over.
    Going for roots colour this morning so will take a book or my knitting hoping to do more Christmas cross stitch later once the sky is inplace I can start on Santa looking I forward to that bit so much.

Have a good day all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Linz4383
    Linz4383 Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Rang up to get my christmas vouchers sent so they should be here soon :-) just need a day of sorting and deciding whats left to buy and who for.
    All these amazing recipes! Wish i had time to bake but i really havent with the lil dude! Hey ho... better for the slimming world anyway lol :-)
    Loving all the xmas prep thats happening. We watched home alone the other day! Makes me wanna watch lots of films but im going to wait! Noticed its gettin really cold lately, think its nearly time to put the flip flops away.
    hugs to those that need them xx
  • Oh my goodness it was cold this morning! We haven't switched our heating back on yet & have been trying to hold off for a as long as possible, but I think if it gets any colder I will have to put it on because it's not nice getting out of bed when it's so cold :(

I'm going to do a bit of Christmas shopping today. I've been adding things to my list over the last few days of things I want to get, so I'm going to try & get some stuff crossed off that list :j
  • These glass storage jars from Asda are only £1 each and perfect for sweets (retro?), toiletries etc. They're a decent size too. Out of stock online but seem to be in all Asda stores http://direct.asda.com/George-Home-Glass-Storage-Jar-with-Screw-Lid/001458787,default,pd.html?cgid=D26M11G01C02S05
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • kaya I unsubscribed from lots of things recently as I was getting hundreds of emails so haven't had anything Christmassy yet, but I have just signed up to hear first when tickets go on sale for ice skating at Somerset House. A friend and I go ice skating in London every year but we haven't been there yet.

linz I want to watch lots of Christmas films after watching The Grinch the other day but I don't normally do it this early so trying to hold off so I don't peak too soon! I only watched The Grinch as it's not one of my favourites but it still gave me that warm, fuzzy Christmassy feeling inside! :)

3forholidays how's the comping going?

It is really cold today, I've had to pull my big fluffy winter jumper out of the back of the wardrobe! I was walking into town earlier and texting someone and my fingers started to hurt as they were so cold! September has been quite nice in recent years so it'll be interesting to see what happens and whether we do get frosts already!

I'm soldiering on with my KonMari de-cluttering, I've now done clothes, shoes and jewellery. When she first started talking about sorting though by category rather than by room etc I thought what's the difference? It's all going to be sorted out anyway! But actually it does feel better knowing that I've done all my clothes and now i'm moving on to the next thing, i'm converted and think it's a much better way of doing it. I'm hoping to get as much done as possible so that I've had a really good clear out in time for Christmas. I've only been doing it a few days and already have four bags in the spare room waiting to go to the charity shop and one was put out the other day for collection! I WILL have a tidy and clutter free home! :p
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    sains have started putting out the xmas toiletry gift sets and they are on offer at 3 for 2 they also had some reductions on older stock picked up some bayliss & harding gift sets down to £1.50 each

bbl to catch up
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • Haribo1 - What was the Walking Dead t-shirt like? Was it in the men's section? Sounds ace, I want one!
    :rudolf: :rudolf: :rudolf: :rudolf: :rudolf:
  • LalaGomay wrote: »
    Haribo1 - What was the Walking Dead t-shirt like? Was it in the men's section? Sounds ace, I want one!

I thought just the same when I read that this morning, my DS1 would love that in his stocking.

Thank you:)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure