• lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sent you a PM
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • beardymarrow
    Options
    It's worth taking the motor box off the valve to see if that moves OK when activated. Hopefully you'll only need to replace the motor box (actuator) or the valve, not both. Is it an lk or an esbe? Sounds like an lk from your description. The lk is a lot more reliable, so if it is an esbe I'd recommend replacing the whole lot with an lk. I can give you part numbers for what I used on my e11.
  • lovesgshp
    lovesgshp Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is a LK Beardy.
    As Manuel says in Fawlty Towers: " I Know Nothing"
  • sayrosezelle
    Options
    What exactly is Ground Source Heat Pumps? How does it work? It's the first time I've heard this term..
  • alfapat
    Options
    Ok here goes , see if you can help. Firstly had a Samsung system put in by a cowboy outfit that has gone bust since . Turns out it has been badly installed and I didn’t need two pumps when one 14kw was all it needed.
    How ever at more expense I have had it all rectified except the Danfoss Tp5000SI is sending correct signals to receiver but not sennding to Samsung controller , it has been ok over the last yr but random.
    Would the receiver be wrongly wired or even more disturbed when second pump removed? Any help appreciated.
  • alfapat
    Options
    Sorry I am talking Air Source heat pumps !
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    alfapat wrote: »
    Sorry I am talking Air Source heat pumps !

Perhaps the mods could move your posts to the Air Source sticky?
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 November 2018 at 4:58PM
    Options
    Here are the set instructions for the Danfoss thermostat which is nothing particularly special in the way that it controls the heating system - it just turns it on and off so you need to ensure that the timings and temperatures are correctly set to suit your requirements.

However that said, has your heatpump got it's own controller and timer which has to be set properly to ensure that the two timers etc dont actually fight with each other.

It's no good the thermostat trying to call for heat if the heatpump has been shut down by it's own timer. You really need to check the how the heatpump controller has been set up to ensure that it can be controlled by an external thermostat and that it's on/off times do actually provide heat when it's called for by the Danfoss stat.

I've got seven TP5000rf stats controlling my Daikin Heatpump but it's easy to adjust the heatpump controller so that nothing actually happens when the stats call for heat. Either by having an incorrect system temperature set or the internal timer shutting the system down at the wrong times.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • alfapat
    Options
    The controller (SAMSUNG) does seem to respond to whatever the timings have been set by the Danfoss controller/ receiver , nothing has changed with the switch to single AIR source pump.
    Albeit the random interruptions I have mentioned.

I can check that with the book and installer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback