Share your stories on PPI Reclaiming claims handlers

Comments

• magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 16 June 2012 at 7:42PM
    chuckl1es wrote: »
    Why am I on the wrong side ? I looked on here and didn't like the idea of doing it myself, found it a lot easier just to pay someone to do it for me, just like with a lot of things in life.

Next time you want a stamp put on an envelope please let me know.

Special offer to new customers - 75% discount. Yes that is just £250 instead of my usual £1000.

Sadly, the stamps are now peel-off and stick and I can now longer offer to have them wetted by Champagne, Brandy or Single Malt.
  • chuckl1es
    chuckl1es Posts: 86 Forumite
    I went to a mortgage broker (an IFA), he sold me a duff mortgage, he didn't even fill in the mortgage application form or put a stamp on it but I trusted his advice because he was "qualified".
  • chuckl1es
    Interesting you haven't answered, why is that ? I see you are a consultant 'to help Independent Financial Advisers to comply with their rules and resolve complaints'.

Two questions;-
    1) Why do IFA"s have to pay a consultant to help them comply, can't they do that themselves, after all they have taken exams and should know what they are doing ?
    2) Do they get that many complaints that they need to employ a consultant ?

It seems to be very easy to jump on the bandwagon and criticise other industries when its clear many others are very poor themselves. I think the phrase 'pots and kettles' spring to mind.
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 13 March 2014 at 10:24AM
    chuckl1es wrote: »
    1) Why do IFA"s have to pay a consultant to help them comply, can't they do that themselves, after all they have taken exams and should know what they are doing ?

Because the FSA keeps changing rules retrospectively in favour of consumers.
    2) Do they get that many complaints that they need to employ a consultant ?

Sadly yes - largely as a result of spurious complaints from ambulance chasers.
    It seems to be very easy to jump on the bandwagon and criticise other industries

It is when they submit complaints about policies that never existed.

It is when they claim rules were broken three or more years before those rules ever existed.

It is when they allege a policy could never have paid as much as the premium paid when a premium of around £100 had the potential to pay in excess of £500,000.

It is when they tell you they can get a better outcome than if you did it yourself.

It is when if you use their services you must still complete the self same form that you can download from the Financial Ombudsman Service and send off yourself.

And that last issue is really my point. You have to complete exactly the same form. If necessary, you can call FOS (on a freephone number) and they will fill it in for you, free, and send it to you to sign. So the necessary effort and expense for you is exactly the same.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • Could I just point out that many of the PPI Claims Management businesses are being operated by ex-Loan Brokers who mis-sold PPI in the first place.
  • a4a
    a4a Posts: 313 Forumite
    You've confused the hell out of me magpie, you seem to be jumping from personal injury, to ppi reclaiming to IFA's. Why should IFA's get a large number of complaints because of 'ambulance chasers' ?
  • a4a
    a4a Posts: 313 Forumite
    Could I just point out that many of the PPI Claims Management businesses are being operated by ex-Loan Brokers who mis-sold PPI in the first place.

Interesting ! Is this true ? They should be exposed. Were these Loan Brokers FSA/IFA people ?
  • chuckl1es
    a4a wrote: »
    You've confused the hell out of me magpie, you seem to be jumping from personal injury, to ppi reclaiming to IFA's. Why should IFA's get a large number of complaints because of 'ambulance chasers' ?

Confused you ? Totally baffled me !
    Lots of comments there that remind me of people like IFA's, Accountants, Lawyers and Bankers but I guess they are all pillars of society who wouldn't do anyone an injustice !
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    a4a wrote: »
    Why should IFA's get a large number of complaints because of 'ambulance chasers' ?
    He's talking about CMCs when he refers to "ambulance chasers". Lots of IFAs also sold PPI and so are also dealing with mis-selling complaints in the same way as the Big Lenders.
  • chuckl1es
    He's talking about CMCs when he refers to "ambulance chasers". Lots of IFAs also sold PPI and so are also dealing with mis-selling complaints in the same way as the Big Lenders.

So IFA's were party to miss-selling ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure