Next Directory Underwriters (again-sorry)

Options
HI, I currently have a complaint in with Phoenix group, thanks to the info on the boards here. Hadd PPI from 1988 so Im expecting a decent refund! - time will tell. Anyway, Phoenix were only underwriters until 2004.

I continued painting PPI for some years after - does anyone know the underwriters for Next Directory after 2004? I want to go after them next. Searched the forums cant find anything after 2004.

Thanks in advance.

Blairwink

Comments

• edmunc
    Options
    Hi just wanted to see if you actually got any joy with Next after ? I have looked at various sites and can!!!8217;t find any successful settlement figures at all for PPI claims for Next. Like you I had PPI with Next for 20 years . Any feedback on how cases would be great . I am waiting to hear back from the Phoenix group any day .
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The underwriters have no liability for sale in the most part so knowing who they are doesn't really help. You complain to Next as they sold it to you
  • edmunc
    Options
    Hi thanks for your comments .

Sorry a little confused . I spoke to Next and I know the amount I paid . They then referred me to a complaints company To deal with it. Just assumed this was Phoenix .

Just haven’t heard of anyone being successful yet with their claim .
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    This is what Next say;
    http://help.next.co.uk/Section.aspx?ItemId=31921

They refer people to PA(GI) Ltd (previously trading as Phoenix Assurance).

I suspect Next were brokers, not regulated prior to 2005, and therefore have no liability for any mis-sale.
  • Emmapearson68
    Options
    Hi I know you posted this last year but I was wondering if you could help me my claim for next PPI has just been rejected I was wondering if you could advise me on what I could do many thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi I know you posted this last year but I was wondering if you could help me my claim for next PPI has just been rejected
    Neither "Blairwitch", nor "edmunc" have logged onto this site in 2019.

I recommend you read the earlier responses, as it's unlikely they were ultimately successful either. Any private messages you receive on the subject should be treated with suspicion..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure