House Of Fraser/Laura Ashley PPi

Hi
I have claimed PPI on House of Fraser and Laura Ashley store cards, I spoke to Santander today and they have told me that my claim has been upheld and an offer letter is being sent to me, my query is I took these store cards out in the late 80s but Santander has stated I took them out in 2001, I queried this with them but they said although I took them out in 1988 PPI wasn't paid on them until 2001, would this be correct because I don't remember receiving any correspondence agreeing to adding PPI and furthermore 2001 would have been when I closed my accounts down.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Comments

• If you have evidence you were paying PPI earlier, send it to them.

Otherwise, there doesn't seem any reason to doubt what they're saying.
  • janesteer wrote: »
    I don't remember receiving any correspondence agreeing to adding PPI
    If you have documentation (statements) which contradicts what the Bank say then you should present (copies) of them.

Otherwise, your memory of 20 years ago is easily trumped by the Bank's records.

Remember that PPI was only paid when the store card had a balance. It is therefore entirely possible for you to have opened your account in 1988, yet not paid any PPI until 2001. The fact that you also closed the account in 2001 is incidental.
  • Thanks for your r comments I don’t have any paperwork from the claims but I do know that there was always an outstanding balance on the accounts. What I don’t understand is why Santander are saying I opened the accounts in 2001 when I know they were opened in1988, I was wondering if previous to this they didn’t charge PPI?
  • Hi
    I've just found an old Laura Ashley card statement dated Nov 1991 and it has a line stating Payment Protection Plan, so I would follow that seems to be incorrect from the bank
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jpgdesign wrote: »
    Hi
    I've just found an old Laura Ashley card statement dated Nov 1991 and it has a line stating Payment Protection Plan, so I would follow that seems to be incorrect from the bank

Not at all, your personal circumstances have no relation to the OP's, your statement doesn't prove the OP paid any PPI in 1991
  • Thread is bumped from 10 months ago..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport