Baxi boiler on the blink Error E133

Our boiler has been on the blink since last week. As it stands we have no hot water or central heating.

The boiler is a Baxi Duotec Combi 24HE.

We keep seeing the error E133 (which in the book says 'Gas supply fault').

So far our plumber/gas engineer has done the following:

1) Replaced the flame-sensing electrode (paid him £50 including labour);
2) Replaced the flame-sensing electrode lead (paid £11, no labour charge);
3) Widened the gap between the flame and the electrode;
4) Shortened the gap between the flame and the electrode;
5) Cleaned out the condenser pipe (i think that's what he said)

Now he thinks that the circuit board has gone.

During the above he did call the Baxi call centre for support/advice.

Any ideas? The boiler isn't that old - a couple of years at the most.

Is it worth getting a second opinion or is this a foregone conclusion (i.e. yes it is most likely the circuit board)?

Communication methods:
whatsapp | googlechat | skype | msn | live profile | viber
Available via:
PC or Android

Comments

• Does it light and then go out?
    Can you here a rapid ticking noise when it tries to light?
    Are other gas appliances working ok?
  • Before he starts buying all bits and bobs for the boiler and charging you the earth, have a word with Heateam- Baxi's service dept.

They do offer a all in one service/repair call, where you pay a set price and it includes service and all parts required to get it back working again.

It may work out cheaper than your own engineer getting the parts and putting his own mark up on it. You also have the comfort of knowing that the heateam engineer has had training on what can be wrong and (should) know the boiler inside out.

A number of people have used this service on here and said it was good, as you are not tying yourself down to a service contract either.
  • how ever with regard to the above anything that heat team replace is only warenteed for 90 days after that you have to pay again.

you need to check the voltage on the pcb, X2 across terminals 2 & 5 there should be 110v DC (2 being common & 5 being volts) if there isn't it's prob the pcb if there is then it's prob the igniter
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • booty40uk wrote: »
    Does it light and then go out?
    Can you here a rapid ticking noise when it tries to light?
    Are other gas appliances working ok?

It does light then go out.
    There is no rapid ticking noise.
    We don't have any other gas appliances.

rustyboy21 wrote: »
    Before he starts buying all bits and bobs for the boiler and charging you the earth, have a word with Heateam- Baxi's service dept.

They do offer a all in one service/repair call, where you pay a set price and it includes service and all parts required to get it back working again.

It may work out cheaper than your own engineer getting the parts and putting his own mark up on it. You also have the comfort of knowing that the heateam engineer has had training on what can be wrong and (should) know the boiler inside out.

A number of people have used this service on here and said it was good, as you are not tying yourself down to a service contract either.

Do you have any details for Heateam?

how ever with regard to the above anything that heat team replace is only warenteed for 90 days after that you have to pay again.

you need to check the voltage on the pcb, X2 across terminals 2 & 5 there should be 110v DC (2 being common & 5 being volts) if there isn't it's prob the pcb if there is then it's prob the igniter

Thanks for that - I'll pass that info. onto our engineer, if he comes back out. But for now, I'll try Heateam.

Communication methods:
    Available via:
    PC or Android
  • If its light for a couple of seconds then going out, you have a flame rectification problem
  • booty40uk wrote: »
    If its light for a couple of seconds then going out, you have a flame rectification problem

yes agree sorry i missed that while typing, check the leads for continuaty, a new pcb is around £120 + vat

• Okay so I called Heateam.

It was either enter into a 12 month plan (£25 a month) or a fixed price charge of £270 for an engineer call out (all inclusive).

No-brainer.

Communication methods:
    Available via:
    PC or Android
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    The £270 price includes a full 12 month warranty on the entire boiler, not just the part they replace.

I would want to check the min & max co2 settings, especially the minimum, with my FGA before starting to think of any faulty parts.

Does the boiler fire if it is locked into full power mode?
  • gas4you wrote: »
    The £270 price includes a full 12 month warranty on the entire boiler, not just the part they replace

i think you may want to check that, i phoned baxi on behalf of a customer who had them change a heat exchanger 10 months ago & it was leaking, they informed me that any parts they replace are only warenteed for 90 days from the fitting date, i couldn't believe how they could get away with that, he got them back out for another £270 as it was cheaper than me doing it.

• So a wonderful start to my Heateam customer experience.

Engineer called my wife at home at 9:15am to say he would be coming between 11am and 12pm.

At 11:15am the phone rang twice and that was it (private number).

Called heateam who said the engineer had been round at 11am, knocked, waited 30 minutes, left a calling and card and then left.

Called my wife, no such evidence. She had been on the lookout since 11am. Its a small bungalow with a long, low window looking onto the garden with the road immediately in front of our fence. The road has been empty all day so plentt of parking space.

Told the next appointment would be Thursday. Asked if it could be raised in priority as I have three children under give (one ten months old). Told they dont offer such a service - even if I paid extra.

Asked about the complaints procedure - told to ring Domestic Care as they are the insurance company? Told I can write a complaint to Heateam - but they dont take complaints by phone call.

I feel like cancelling my policy (only took it out on Saturday) and going with another company.

Thanks Mickey-mouse Heateam!

Communication methods:
    Available via:
    PC or Android
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts