Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 3,610Posts
    • 32,964Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 7:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    Must use my stash up!
Page 537
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 19th May 19, 6:34 PM
    • 9,355 Posts
    • 60,406 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    Congratulations, burtha , on your amazing weight loss (13 stone? of useless fat). Onwards and upwards from here, your new life begins!
    One life - your life - live it!
    • Litha
    • By Litha 19th May 19, 7:55 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    Litha
    I don't post much these days, even less so since getting my new persona, courtesy of a forgotten password , but just wanted to wish you well Burtha.
    L x
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 19th May 19, 8:32 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,811 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Ok ......
    So .....
    I'm divorced

3mw is still the same , kids are now deleting his 16 sec voice mails , when he can be bothered ....
    It's been a strange week ....
    43 percent of his pension and 75/25 of anything left of the house
    So stood my ground , battered and bruses , but I'll live ,
    Now just need to rebuild from here ..
    Thank you to everyone on here , when I've ranted and lost the will to carry on . You where there , the times I have had no one else ,I had you .
    Even just to read along ,to know that normal life was going on ,keeps things real .
    So onwards and upwards .
    Xx
    Originally posted by burtha

Woo Hoo burtha. I chose the right time to catch up.
    So happy to read you're finally free of the dead weight . Wishing you and yours all the luck in the world and well done on The Great North Run.

If you're still riding pillion on the bike I expect you to sing Born to Run loud and proud! Well done what doesn't break us makes us stronger.xxx

Hope all is going well thriftmonster . Isn't it great to realise we never needed those wings?

Shanks wishing a more settled time for you.

I knew about pickle no 3 Lyn but not pickle no 4 .Very best wishes to you all.

Good luck with the thesis VJ and DHS retirement . You can always send him to look at architectural wotsits if it all gets a bit much.

Monna I have been talking to the universe and lighting the candles . I have hope you will have your home by my birthday so keep an eye on the last week in June.

Ming Vase I'm afraid you'll always be either Mar or Mardy Mar to me. I may be wrong but I don't recall you ever having Madarthur as a user name . It always seemed to be other posters interpretation of Mardatha.

Why Ming Vase? Have you suddenly become delicate and fragile?

Well I have been getting repeated bouts of the virus that laid us flat last year so have been like a wet rag a lot of the time. Just making an effort not to fall too far behind.

Take care all

pollyx
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 19th May 19, 9:01 PM
    • 4,238 Posts
    • 67,446 Thanks
    silvasava
    Woop Woop Burtha! Onward and upward without that lump dragging you back!
    Polly - Mardatha is Ming Vase because she's priceless do hope you can shake the virus off soon.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 19th May 19, 10:05 PM
    • 4,137 Posts
    • 55,581 Thanks
    monnagran
    Oh burtha! How we have wished and waited for this moment. I wish I was there to give you the biggest hug and jump up and down with excitement.

You have done very well and I bet 3mw is licking his wounds and wondering how he could have got it so wrong. At last you can draw a line under the past and know that the future, while it may not be easy, is at least under your own control.
    I can't stop smiling.

Polly, I do hope that the virus packs its bag and leaves pronto. Last time, if I remember rightly, it far outstayed its welcome. Take it easy my love, not that you have much choice while the wretched virus hangs around. Lots of prayers coming your way.

As for my long running saga of the house move, the less said the better. In the next couple of weeks my buyer will have been with with me a year. She has promised me an anniversary card. And still it drags on!
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • burtha
    • By burtha 19th May 19, 10:33 PM
    • 646 Posts
    • 7,213 Thanks
    burtha
    Thank you ,
    Yes definitely onwards and upwards
    Or even at high speeds on a bike
    or slightly slower running
    Forward is forward xx
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 20th May 19, 5:25 AM
    • 4,056 Posts
    • 51,688 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Fantastic news burtha, I well remember my relief and the ex's rage when out financial settlement was announced.

I'll try to post more often but what with CHS's stroke, becoming a volunteer cook once a fortnight and getting a new rescue dog, my time is limited.
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 20th May 19, 9:52 AM
    • 13,394 Posts
    • 183,470 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Oh Yes M'dear, well fought love and welcome to the first day of the very happiest life it's possible for you to make for you and yours! Blessings upon you all and only sunshine in your lives from now on xxx.
    You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself!

Ours is not to wonder what is fair in life but finding what may be, make it up fair to our needs.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 20th May 19, 12:19 PM
    • 6,069 Posts
    • 65,898 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Oh burtha! Congrats and huge WELL DONE! xx

polly So sorry to hear about the wretched virus. I've had one as well, it kept seeming to go and then come back, and didn't do a thing for the M.E.. I feel rather better atm though and hope you and DD are too xx

We've been away fro a break in the sun and have collected the cat from the cattery a couple of hours ago. He's gradually getting used to the idea that he's back home again. He keeps going into the garden for a while, then coming back in miaowing, to make sure everything's still where it should be. He has just condescended to jump onto my lap for a few minutes' cuddle. If only he knew I'd cuddled another cat at the hotel while we were away....
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 20th May 19, 2:58 PM
    • 4,238 Posts
    • 67,446 Thanks
    silvasava
    Ivy - glad to 'see' you and hope the break did you some good. You traitor you - fancy cuddling another cat
    I'm going to Rhodes next week - lots of kitties for me to say hello to and pet.....just dont squeak on me to Pushkin lol
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • MingVase
    • By MingVase 28th May 19, 11:11 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    MingVase
    Lost this thread, just couldn't find it at all. Have bookmarked it now. It's Mardatha but I lost my password and they wouldn't let me in
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 28th May 19, 9:39 PM
    • 4,137 Posts
    • 55,581 Thanks
    monnagran
    Don't worry Mar, we still know who you are, whatever you choose to call yourself.
    There's really no escape.
    • MingVase
    • By MingVase 29th May 19, 6:26 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    MingVase
    You couldn't have recognized me! I've got a vase on my head!
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 29th May 19, 9:15 AM
    • 4,137 Posts
    • 55,581 Thanks
    monnagran
    Ah, you have me there. I might have recognised the vase though. Among the proliferation of Ming vases in my possession I almost certainly have one the same.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 1st Jun 19, 5:59 PM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 18,824 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Hello all
    Sorry to have been AWOL for a while. My internal batteries were well and truly dead and my head was fried So we had a much needed break and I have just returned from sunning myself in Zumerset . Now I need to pick myself up, dust myself off and charge ahead or in my case, lollop about .

Burtha congrats for all your efforts and sufferance, they seem to have paid off. Well done you deserve a gold star .
    Ivyleaf I hope your puddycat has forgiven you by now for leaving ....... and cuddling another .
    Monna I was sorry to read that you are still waiting to move .
    Mrs L congrats on the new-to-be GPickles.
    Polly I hope you have shaken off the dreaded lurgy now.

Sending much love and hugs to all xx
    nan
    Last edited by nannywindow; 01-06-2019 at 6:02 PM.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 1st Jun 19, 8:39 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,811 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Thank you Nanny it keeps nearly going then ramping up again it's a bit like a toxic companion .

I'm glad you managed to get away and recharge those batteries , just take it gently easing into lolloping about.

I'll catch up properly tomorrow but looked at your blog for the 1st time in ages Hester and discovered chocolat! I obviously missed the fact you 'd found the new boat on here. last time I heard you and CHS were looking for a replacement and what a lovely one you've found . So much bigger and more of a home . I always try to keep up with a few blogs but yours and John Grays are my favourites . Once this virus has gone I hope to do better with posting and keeping up. Sending you hugs it's a hard job being a full time carer and you are so patient and caring even if it's hard at times.
    It's lovely to see you have a lovely 4 legged companion now who seems to have settled in happily.
    Take care of you chin up titus out.

While I'm here does anyone know why Mar has a vase on her head?
    I've been racking my brains and am none the wiser. I've looked to see if she has an avatar showing a wee wummin with a vase but no. The late lamented coal box in the snow has gone and I used to love that .

Take care fencers
    pollyx
    • MingVase
    • By MingVase 1st Jun 19, 8:47 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    MingVase
    Because I'm in disguise! I'm a VASE!
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 1st Jun 19, 9:16 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,811 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Ok Mar dare I ask why you're in disguise? The mind is boggling but I'm glad to see the venerable coal box back . Reading on the blue skin and being taken back to the green to post is confusing enough without you turning into someone in disguise with a vase on your head.

Would you like us to mount a bring back Mar campaign? Elona and others have manged to get back their original user names . However if someone has found the patio secrets maybe that's why you're in disguise .
    pollyx
    • MingVase
    • By MingVase 2nd Jun 19, 6:39 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    MingVase
    My laptop died Pollywolly and I had to use this older one, which has no passwords saved and MSE wouldn't let me in. I'm quite happy under the vase thanku, it keeps the rain off and saves me having me hair done.

Plus I can stay under cover and under the radar re any awkward developments re the patio.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 2nd Jun 19, 9:20 AM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 18,824 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Oh how I've missed you bonkers lot !!
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,040Posts Today

7,933Users online

Martin's Twitter