Tesco chopped toms with basil,59p...3 for 1...got £3.54 back????

Comments

• cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    I was seriously tempted to go back to Tesco's this afternoon to see if it was still working, but just couldn't spare the time :( I doubt it will still be working now will it!! I really wish I'd got a few more this morning now, I was SO sure that it would just be back to the normal 3-for-1 that I only picked up the 3!! DOH! Never mind, at least I managed to get that!
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    hotbern wrote: »
    I think it depends on where you shop if the offers are still on.
    Cardiff Culverhouse X has Buy one get 2 free, whilst Penarth and Barry have the glitch. So it seems the 'huge' stores have fixed the glitch.

Like others though, I believe all of us should not only be selfless, but covert as well - ie only buying what we normally would, then the glitch goes on longer as supervisors aren't alerted, and everyone gets a bargain and a feel good factor :beer:

I bought a pair of joggers for my son (£4) and a CBeebies mag (£2.75), strawberries, mushrooms and a carrot, and 2 bottles of water, with 3x3 tomatoes, (in case it didn't work!) for £4.35 instead of £15.09.

Not a huge amount, but it made me feel good and didn't alert any supervisor's suspicions.

Still going at midday down here with lots and lots of tomatoes left (I don't think anyone in our area is an MSE'r! More fool them :rotfl:)

Shelves are bare in Carmarthen, Llanelli, Fforestfach and the Swansea Town Centre store!
    Although I cleared most of Carmarthen this morning, I did leave several behind for others!
    Also think there is a distinct lack of MSE'ers down this end too! All the more for me!!!:T
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • eklynne
    eklynne Posts: 2,396 Forumite
    If anyone is close by, this was still working at just after 3pm at the big Tesco Extra at Wishaw and there were lots of all 3 varieties left on the shelves. None in Coatbridge or Bellshill though. My lovely OH drove me to all 3 and was getting notably disheartened with my 'grabbit' as Wishaw was the last store we tried. Maybe spent about a fiver or so in petrol but was worth it as it saved me about £40 on my shopping. Many thanks OP, really thought I was going to miss out on this one :beer:
    Come ride with me, through the veins of history...
    I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
    ~Matthew Bellamy.
  • Saadat
    Saadat Posts: 31 Forumite
    Just tried it online and it doesn't seem to work...so quickly cancelled my order!!:(
    oh well..congrats to all those who have been sucessful
  • leanneslow
    leanneslow Posts: 222 Forumite
    must be fixed in my store. tesco rang me to say they couldnt take my payment for online shopping. no discounts applied so i cancelled it
    Hit the thanks button if it helps!:T
    BANANASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • OscarCharliEE
    OscarCharliEE Posts: 30 Forumite
    All gone in MK Kingston and Bletchley...
    Oscar CharliEE
    Spend Lots
    Save More
  • timnlaura
    timnlaura Posts: 507 Forumite
    Kilty wrote: »
    There were loads - shelves had probably been restocked by 1am (there was a guy stacking the shelf further down with beans or something) :rotfl:

Is there 2 Tescos in Dunfermline? It was the big Extra I was at.

It was the big one, next to subway :o lol

they must have restocked then. Mind you there wasnt even any sel's out either! there was two empty boxes though. I was there as they were filling at around 8 or 9 pm
  • xxlaurissaxx
    xxlaurissaxx Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Has anyone tried Corstorphine or Davidsons mains in Edinburgh? Really want to try but don't want to drive and get stuck in rush hour traffic on the way home. xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • mandycr
    mandycr Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    my mum went to corstorphine last night worked then but not sure if it still works.
    best win in 2011:eek: 4 nights in Las Vegas :eek:
    2011 wins £8,752.00
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    timnlaura wrote: »
    It was the big one, next to subway :o lol

they must have restocked then. Mind you there wasnt even any sel's out either! there was two empty boxes though. I was there as they were filling at around 8 or 9 pm

They seem to have been wiser to it than other stores then, sounds like they had the shelves cleared including the SELs until the tills were fixed.

Funny that the shelves were full and SELs were up showing BOGTF at 1am (and the tills were charging the offer correctly)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure