Approved food general discussion part deux

Options

Comments

• mr_skinflint
    Options
    Our last order should hopefully be here today and i can't wait lol!!!! it really is like christmas when the boxes arrive lol xxxx

why? is it because you don't get what you ordered?
  • cedrickerry
    cedrickerry Posts: 256 Forumite
    Options
    Just got my 3rd order (placed late on Saturday night - so excellent turnaround now) On first look seemed to be pest packaged yet, but there was a surprise at the bottom! looked like packets of couscous had been bent to act as packaging, and as a result ripped - couscous everywhere. Also a couple of fruit pots were damaged (sideways and at the bottom) have emailed approved food to let them know as I think the problems wereat their end.

Otherwise excellent though, even a cheery DHL driver!

Refund sent through within 20 minutes - excellent customer service (just wish they could come round and help me find somewhere to put it all!)
    2009 total raised £2373.60:j
    the new garden beat me in 2010 just £1306.66:o
    2011 - 365 £ a day.
    Life Changing October 2011 - DF & £10000 saved - twins came - no plans
    2013 - twins now 14 mths old - lets get sorted!
  • pinkprincedss1980
    Options
    why? is it because you don't get what you ordered?

When I say last order I mean the last order I have outstanding I will be placing lots more orders in the future and hopefully visiting again whenever I get the chance lol.
    I have always got what I ordered or been refunded if things have been out of stock which is fine by me.
    I cannot find any fault with AF, the staff or the products I have only ever received great customer service and value from them. :T
  • cruella_de_vile
    Options
    The turnaround time now is brilliant, the bakin boys are as nice as I remember :D

I got some of the large curry and arribiata sauces, can anyone tell me if it's ok to freeze them? Split them first obviously!
  • Fratton
    Fratton Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    The turnaround time now is brilliant, the bakin boys are as nice as I remember :D

I got some of the large curry and arribiata sauces, can anyone tell me if it's ok to freeze them? Split them first obviously!

I used some of the arabiata sauce yesterday, it was lovely, and put two portions in the freezer in plastic containers. It says in small writing somewhere on the container that it's ok to freeze.

I intend to do the same with the curry sauce when I open it.
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    Fratton wrote: »
    I used some of the arabiata sauce yesterday, it was lovely, and put two portions in the freezer in plastic containers. .
    I agree, just had some in spag bol- its really nice
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used some of the arabiata sauce for a huge lasagne yesterday and a couple of large home made pizzas tonight.

DD loves the flapjacks and have loads of chicken tonight sauce in sachets as well.

Might order some more flapjacks and cereal bars for packed lunches as well as some muesli for DH.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • little_lil
    little_lil Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nooooooooo its not fair - my delivery arrived today and my kind neighbour has taken it in, only problem is he works shifts and is now at work :cry: I am not sure when he will be back at home. I need my bakin boys cakes and i need them now :rotfl:

Update: My neighbour has just delivered the box, yay! There is now food everywhere and i have no idea where i am going to store it. Bakin boys here i come !!!!
  • cruella_de_vile
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas with the arabiata, I wouldn't have thought to use it for spag bol or lasagne, I normally just use it for general pasta dishes, will give them a go this week. :)

There is loads more stuff on there today, tempted to order again but I have so much stuff here I am running out of places to store it. I'm also very proud of myself, I only had 1 cup cake today, looks like they may last more than a day or two on this occasion! :eek:
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    Just got an email shot from AF. It reads
    It’s been some time since we last emailed out to you, but we’ve got to tell you about some of the products we have in and the services we offer now…

· We’re currently turning orders around and shipping out in 24 to 48 hours
    · We’ve a new courier who can ship 56kg for £7.50 – Twice as much shopping for another £2.25 and where in England & Wales
    · Have more and more exclusive lines at clearance prices
    · We’ve introduced more categories to make it easier to find the goods you want

There’s many more emails to follow with discount vouchers and new of new products such as half price lift tea. Just enter FreeTea as a discount coupon code to get a case of tea at half the price.

Thanks Dan

Approved Food
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family