Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 18th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 3,610Posts
    • 32,964Thanks
    Knit Witch
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!
    • 18th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! 18th Jul 17 at 7:29 PM
    As threads are going walkabout I thought I would start the next stage of this off - I will try and do the links later!
    Must use my stash up!
Page 538
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 6th Jun 19, 7:33 AM
    • 6,068 Posts
    • 65,898 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    Watching the D-Day commemorations on TV. We've stayed on that part of the Normandy coast and it feels quite odd to see it on the screen. I keep wanting to say"We've been there!"

Polly has that wretched virus gone yet? I seem to have been unwell for ages, you think you're getting better and then back it comes again. I'm glad DD's assessment seemed to go well xx
    • MingVase
    • By MingVase 6th Jun 19, 9:12 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 195 Thanks
    MingVase
    What kind of virus Ivy?
    • thriftmonster
    • By thriftmonster 9th Jun 19, 7:54 AM
    • 1,653 Posts
    • 7,997 Thanks
    thriftmonster
    Morning all,

Not sure what is happening with the cursor on this reply so hopefully this won't come out scrambled (more then usual)

Lovely day here - finally the rain seems to have stopped - so hoping to get the lawn cut. It is a jungle as I was away in France last weekend with Mum - bargain Eurostar fares to Avignon for her 80th. Her birthday isn't till October but she's celebrating several times this year and Avignon was on her bucket list.
    Burtha - congrats on the divorce. We are still in the throes of selling the house - our purchasers' purchaser dropped out. Still we had 3 viewings this week as it went back on the market including a 2nd viewing from someone who came to see it in the first round.
    MrsL very exciting on the grandpickles - hope all going well.
    Hugs to all that need them - I won't mention your house Monna will just cross my fingers.
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 11th Jun 19, 2:09 PM
    • 4,137 Posts
    • 55,581 Thanks
    monnagran
    Polly, thank you for thinking of me, but delightful though it would be, there's not a snowball's chance in hell of me moving before your birthday. The earliest my poor beleaguered buyers and I have any hope of moving is end of August, beginning of September. In the meantime I continue to live among my packed boxes and play the hokey cokey with my clothes - winter clothes out, summer clothes in, summer clothes out, winter clothes in, shake it all about.
    The house, that was all scrubbed, bleached and polished ready for moving now needs all doing again, and as for the Garden.............let's just say that there is nothing a good flame thrower can't deal with.

thriftmonster, I hope that you all had a fantastic time at the first of your Mum's 80th birthday celebrations. I had tea at Osborne House for my 80th, but I was restricted to one celebration.

Hope every one else is flourishing.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 11th Jun 19, 7:13 PM
    • 737 Posts
    • 6,878 Thanks
    t14cy t
    I really hate today. all my emotions have gathered. my sons gfs little boy was killed on the road last sunday. he was 3. only today it has !!!! me like a wall. everyone is in a state of shock.
    • Nargleblast
    • By Nargleblast 11th Jun 19, 7:29 PM
    • 9,352 Posts
    • 60,358 Thanks
    Nargleblast
    That's awful, t14cy t, life can seem so unfair at times! Nothing anyone can say to you now can make it easier to bear, all you can do is take each day one at a time and be kind to yourself. Your son's gf must be in pieces, poor girl.
    One life - your life - live it!
    • CollieDog2
    • By CollieDog2 11th Jun 19, 10:43 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    CollieDog2
    That's a terrible loss. Just remember to be gentle with everyone. Lots of time to listen is your best bet.
    Formerly Known as WonderCollie
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 12th Jun 19, 10:16 AM
    • 4,137 Posts
    • 55,581 Thanks
    monnagran
    t14cy t, words are useless in the face of a tragedy like this. I just pray that you all find the strength to comfort and support each other. That poor mother. Her life has been changed in the most terrible way, in the space of a couple of seconds. Love to you all.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 12th Jun 19, 10:17 AM
    • 6,068 Posts
    • 65,898 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    I'm so sorry, t14cy t
    • MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 12th Jun 19, 10:54 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 10,180 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    So sorry t14cy t sending much love to you and your family at this devastating time..
    "There's a little witch in all of us"
    2018 GC 93 2019 GC 3 2 JUNE GC £192.92/£300
    : DEBT FREE 06/2018
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 12th Jun 19, 12:32 PM
    • 10,959 Posts
    • 120,486 Thanks
    LameWolf
    t14cy t I am so very sorry to read your devastating news. Life can be so beastly unfair and unkind sometimes.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • silvasava
    • By silvasava 12th Jun 19, 2:01 PM
    • 4,233 Posts
    • 67,420 Thanks
    silvasava
    t14cy - just logged on after a break to see your post. So very sorry to read such devastating news for you and your family.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 12th Jun 19, 2:56 PM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 53,986 Thanks
    camelot1001
    So sorry to hear this t14cy t.
    • Litha
    • By Litha 12th Jun 19, 6:43 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    Litha
    I'm so sorry to hear such sad news, t14cy t . It's devastating for the whole family.
    Linda x
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have
    • shanks77
    • By shanks77 15th Jun 19, 1:36 PM
    • 1,149 Posts
    • 10,986 Thanks
    shanks77
    Sorry to hear such bad news especially on such a little one xx
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 15th Jun 19, 7:17 PM
    • 5,541 Posts
    • 81,174 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Oh T14cy t - how utterly, utterly dreadful……
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 16th Jun 19, 7:42 AM
    • 13,389 Posts
    • 183,416 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    A fantastically entertaining evening last night in the form of a Flanders and Swan revisited performance in one of the local villages, it was just as much fun as I remembered from years gone by and included the 'hippopotamus song', 'I'm a Gnu', 'T'was on a Monday morning that the gasman came to call' and many others and was interspersed by very well read poems by Sir John Betjamen and my all time favourite 'Miss Joan Hunter-Dunn' we laughed and sang along for a couple of glorious hours. It was wonderful!
    You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself!

Ours is not to wonder what is fair in life but finding what may be, make it up fair to our needs.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 16th Jun 19, 4:42 PM
    • 6,068 Posts
    • 65,898 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    That sounds good fun Lyn
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 1st Jul 19, 7:01 PM
    • 13,389 Posts
    • 183,416 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Loving the sunny weather (more so now it's fractionally cooler) and the way the gardens and veg plots have come alive and are producing beautiful flowers and beautiful veg and fruit. We had the first carrot from the allotment for supper and very tasty it was too and the first pod of peas which we ate as we picked it, YUM! we have broccoli ready to harvest and courgettes which will be big enough to cut by the weekend and several pumpkins set and growing on. I think it's finally summer!
    You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself!

Ours is not to wonder what is fair in life but finding what may be, make it up fair to our needs.
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 1st Jul 19, 8:30 PM
    • 2,902 Posts
    • 26,806 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    I've just thanked you over on the T word thread Lyn. I haven't posted on here for a while , it seems to have gone very quiet recently. It really is summer and Oop North we've been in danger of melting. However last night I was putting the milk bottles out and there was a lovely coastal breeze coming straight off the sea . I stood outside the front door for about 10 minutes filling my lungs with lovely fresh air. I could smell the roses, lavender , honeysuckles etc and hear the birds setting down for the night. Better than a health spa and free of charge.
    I slept like a baby
    pollyx
    No need to hurry.No need to sparkle.No need to be anybody but oneself.

Virginia Woolf.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

192Posts Today

1,278Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted people are pushing @BorisJohnson on getting proper financial ed in schools. He says not enough resourc? https://t.co/c8Eb6BAwgU

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Follow Martin