Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blush Birdie
    • By Blush Birdie 22nd May 19, 10:04 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Blush Birdie
    Would you say something?
    • 22nd May 19, 10:04 PM
    Would you say something? 22nd May 19 at 10:04 PM
    If someone you were once good friends with in the workplace (and are now only civil with) has a boyfriend who you witnessed cheating on her... would you say something to her? Would you leave it and think itís not your place to say something? Or that itís not your problem?

Said ex best friend, her boyfriend and I all work in the same building. I may no longer be best friends with her, but we are good friends and still have a laugh together. I feel bad knowing what I know, but I donít know if I should say something to her?

Please help. I witnessed this on Monday, itís been on my mind since then... what would you do?
Page 3
    • Skiddaw1
    • By Skiddaw1 1st Jun 19, 10:09 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Skiddaw1
    The song quoted above is from the musical 'Evita' if I recall correctly...

Blush Birdie, I don't think anyone intended to personally attack you. As Pollycat says, when you share a dilemma such as yours you'll receive a rake of opinions. From your more recent posts the situation sounds very convoluted and messy but I think you're quite right to back off now and let things take their course. From what you say, your friend is more than capable of taking care of herself. I should just leave them to get on with it if I were you.
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 1st Jun 19, 10:19 AM
    • 3,122 Posts
    • 4,584 Thanks
    NeilCr
    Based on your original description of what you saw pretty much of all the responders afterwards (including me) didn't think there was enough evidence to confirm that he was cheating - even the close proximity. The "running away" does look a bit strange but it's not conclusive either. It could just have been that as you arrived they had finished their conversation and were about to part.

I agree with all the comments that you are best out of it.
    Last edited by NeilCr; 01-06-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    • supermezzo
    • By supermezzo 1st Jun 19, 10:46 AM
    • 1,011 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    supermezzo
    The song quoted above is from the musical 'Evita' if I recall correctly...

Blush Birdie, I don't think anyone intended to personally attack you. As Pollycat says, when you share a dilemma such as yours you'll receive a rake of opinions. From your more recent posts the situation sounds very convoluted and messy but I think you're quite right to back off now and let things take their course. From what you say, your friend is more than capable of taking care of herself. I should just leave them to get on with it if I were you.
    Originally posted by Skiddaw1
    The lyrics are from Tell me on a Sunday :-)
    It aint over til I've done singing....
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 1st Jun 19, 11:08 AM
    • 22,616 Posts
    • 61,190 Thanks
    Pollycat
    In response to the 10 year old who wrote those lyrics above... cool song, do you jam to it on your iPod? Nice!
    Originally posted by Blush Birdie
    Originally posted by supermezzo
    It was written by Andrew Lloyd Webber

The song is about a woman being told of her boyfriend's infidelity. The woman denies this initially, before rebuking her newsbearer (a girlfriend) with the revelation that she "knew before" and had done for some time. She also spends much of the song criticising her friend for rushing to break the "bad news" to her.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_That_Look_Off_Your_Face

Pretty apt, I think.
    • Skiddaw1
    • By Skiddaw1 1st Jun 19, 2:27 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Skiddaw1
    Originally posted by supermezzo

Ah! Wrong musical! Seem to recall it was in the charts around the same time as 'Don't cry for me Argentina' (hence my mistake ). Showing my age now....
    • supermezzo
    • By supermezzo 1st Jun 19, 3:09 PM
    • 1,011 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    supermezzo
    Ah! Wrong musical! Seem to recall it was in the charts around the same time as 'Don't cry for me Argentina' (hence my mistake ). Showing my age now....
    Originally posted by Skiddaw1
    Me too - can still remember all the words, too (but not what I had for dinner yesterday!).
    It aint over til I've done singing....
    • Skiddaw1
    • By Skiddaw1 1st Jun 19, 4:27 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Skiddaw1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,387Posts Today

6,927Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin