Car insurance - Avoid insuring with RCIB - Right Choice Insurance Brokers

Comments

• Laura74
    Laura74 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I attempted to arrange car insurance for my son via USwitch and was directed to Right Choice Insurance Brokers website where I thought I had purchased a policy. I provided my credit card details for payment of £358.60 and set up a direct debit via my son's account. Unfortunately, my son received a telephone call demanding more money and he said no.

The problem is that Right Choice had taken the liberty of deducting the payment from my account and when I tried to have that immediately refunded, I was told a series of untruths. I asked to speak to a complaints advisor and was directed to the individual who had initially called asking for more money (a sales advisor). This individual then told me that the company could not return my money because they didn't have it and I should contact my card provider.

My card provider was shocked that I would be told this and confirmed that Right Choice did have the money by providing an authorisation code. I then contacted the company again and asked to speak to a senior manager (on the advice of my card provider). I was put on hold for a very long time and eventually transferred to an individual who identified themselves as a Sales Advisor. I refused to speak to him about my issue and was put on hold again before being put through to a manager. The manager then confirmed that he could cancel the payment.

I have had to spend the majority of my day begging for my own money for a service that was a) misrepresented in terms of monetary value and b) not even purchased. In addition, I have no doubt the staff of Right Choice have deliberately misled me during the course of the day.

RCIB provided a false quote, despite having all the relevant proposer's information at their disposal. They will then effectively steal your money and undoubtedly accrue interest while it resides in their account. I have used other comparison websites in the past and have never encountered such blatant disregard for the right of the consumer or indeed a sense of entitlement to money which they have no right to collect.

I sent an email of complaint which prompted an email from Right Choice 20 minutes later 'confirming a refund'........I still haven't received my money. AVOID!! :mad:
  • deliberate ploy to ask for more fees once insurance is running , so they still charge additional fee if you cancel.
    The insurance was for a moped, they phoned me back after the 14 days and informed me I had been in accident ,
    "what! No I haven't "we'll it turns out that this includes if some one hits your car when your not even in it and the damage is claimed on the person insurance who drove into my car ?
    Can you believe that they charged me additional £38 !!
    I am sure this is a deliberate act by this insurance company and I can't believe it's valid, but hey they got me ,and as a consequence they wont have me as a customer ever again.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    deliberate ploy to ask for more fees once insurance is running , so they still charge additional fee if you cancel.
    The insurance was for a moped, they phoned me back after the 14 days and informed me I had been in accident ,
    "what! No I haven't "we'll it turns out that this includes if some one hits your car when your not even in it and the damage is claimed on the person insurance who drove into my car ?
    Can you believe that they charged me additional £38 !!
    I am sure this is a deliberate act by this insurance company and I can't believe it's valid, but hey they got me ,and as a consequence they wont have me as a customer ever again.

All insurers would have acted like this if you inadvertently made a mistake on your application and ended up paying less than you should have done.

Had they taken the other view that you lied deliberately about your history then you would now have a cancelled policy on your record which is very bad news!
  • Having read a lot of these complaints, i am astounded that nothing has been done to stop these scamming scumbags.
    i have fallen foul to them today through so called GO COMPARE.
    Does anyone have a way forward to stop these thieves?
  • Hi

I had the same experience as the above so I contacted the financial ombudsmen.

It has now been 2 weeks and my credit card hasn't been credited.

I was lied to by 3 advisors before a manager copied me in on an email which he described as a 'fax refund' the money is only held not actually given to the company - apparently. I'm having to give it 28 days to await a response.

called again today to chase them and they were dismissive and in helpful. aid they listen to the calls and get back to me o n why I was mislead. not happy but thanks to this forum and reading the warnings I was armed when they tried to double my policy.
  • First qoute was a little bit more that £1000/year, then they increase it to £1825 with all fees, they said I have to pay £314.70 deposit and then 8 payments for £181.24.
    But! when I got the agreement, I could see that I have to make 10 payments (instead of 8) for £188.44 (instead of £181.24). I'm very disappointed and will never use this company for car insurance.
    Be careful, read your agreement before sign it.
  • Dsp
    Dsp Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hello,
    I can't believe these scums still on all comparison sites after 10 years of fraud, pressure and Hard sales tactics.
    They were going to do the same thing with me yesterday 29th of July 2017, But thanks to this forum, I knew what they were doing.
    They offered me £1200 on my car insurance on 4 different sites, I paid the money but it said "money reserve pending verbal agreement ". I called them for verbal agreement. A rude boy of their's run some checks on his system and ome back to me saying I have failed their checks but they will still offer me insurance. This time for £1600 , an increase of 400. I asked him what checks was it, what checks have I failed. I never done anything wrong and reply was " don't know it's just the system saying".
    Beware of these sums, they are dodgy and fraudsters. They give you stress and anxity. They use hard and pressure tactics to sell as expensive as they can.
    If you have any problem complaint on help@rcib.co.uk.
    Ring mike 01708336528, complaint to this scum, or michele on 01708 336500.
    Wait for their reply and then complaint to FSA, FCA and Ombudsman.
    Don't let them getaway with this and tell comparison sites, they shouldn't let them use their sites. It's been 10 years, don't let them getaway with it.
  • paddyandstumpy
    paddyandstumpy Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Not sure the Food Standards Authority will be overly interested in this insurance broker...
  • Hi .

If you google the financial conduct authority (financial ombudsman service) you can file a complaint free and will get refunded. I had to do this due to the same issue with this company! The more complains made about them the better!!! They’re a scam, ripped me off and refused to
    Refund me! Took me 2months of complaining until I went to the financial budsman service . I had a full refund with in 14 days of them receiving my complaint. Hope this helps
  • This company are nothing but immoral swindling criminals. There is no goodwill to customers. They use every change in circumstances eg. Change of address to greedily charge customers a ridiculous amount of so called administration fees. My son has been charges £180 three times in the last couple of months for moving house, changing his car ( he thought he was upgrading from his banger and unfortunately bought a car that now needs a new gear box). He is now going to the Financial Ombudsman to complain, £180for tapping a bit of info into a computer is disgraceful. I'm so angry at this company I could take their throats out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback